Ever try One Ball Frame Tape kit ? $32 nearly complete bike pre-cut! MX Deflection

DirtBikeMIke

Attachments

• moto_film_die_cut_store_size (1).jpg
    moto_film_die_cut_store_size (1).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 67
  • MX_moto_film_for_site_store_sized (1).jpg
    MX_moto_film_for_site_store_sized (1).jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

DirtBikeMIke

Pinkbike review
"
One Manufacturing enters the fray with their twenty piece Bicycle Moto Deflection Die-Cut Protective Kit, an 18” x 27” sheet of 6mil PVC film pre cut into handy shapes that will fit the important parts of most frames. One Manufacturing already had a couple of different frame tapes available under the One Ball name, but the die cut pack is hands down the best value I found online. One note: unlike some of the other tape packages reviewed here, the swatches of protective film don't have pre cut slits for articulation. One Manufacturing left it that way deliberately, reasoning that not all frames have the same curves, and that allowing the user to make articulation slits as needed lets them optimize tape placement for their individual needs. With so many shapes to use, this DIY approach allows one to tailor protection for tight parts of their specific frame. Bonus: there are even a couple pre-cut pieces of tape for cranks and forks. Other companies have fork and crank tapes or films available but they need to be purchased separately."

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I used generic 3M helicopter tape on my fatty, and some pre-cut stuff from the bike shop on my other carbon bike. My guess is that it's pretty much all the same, and it's not a bad idea to at least have it on the bottom of the downtube and chainstays to protect the frame from rocks kicking up at it.

Top Bottom