Ever ride Powder Ridge in CT?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
This place is 2 hrs for me, so not too bad a drive. And they did a $14 Friday day pass last year, so I was thinking of hitting it one day next summer.

Doesn't look epic but looks fun:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
After watching that 2019 vid:

Raptor looks like it got reworked and smoothed out which was desperately needed
Flow Dog is new, wasn't there in 2017. Probably pro-built.
Shredwood was a fun, fast flat corner green, looks like they added berms.
The concrete luge runs are just a cool unique thing
Wild Turkey looks about the same - natural pedally singletrack

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
After watching that 2019 vid:

Raptor looks like it got reworked and smoothed out which was desperately needed
Flow Dog is new, wasn't there in 2017. Probably pro-built.
Shredwood was a fun, fast flat corner green, looks like they added berms.
The concrete luge runs are just a cool unique thing
Wild Turkey looks about the same - natural pedally singletrack

Thanks man. I'll hit it at some point. We have season passes this year to creek but we have friends in CT so it'll be handy one weekend.

Rusty

only 16mins away from Rockland Preserve. Highly recommend if in that area....

Ian F

I rode at Powder Ridge once last year and while it's something different, I don't know if I'd go out of my way to ride there. I also rode there on my Primer and wasn't really feeling all that great at the time. Going back with the Megatower and my improved jumping skills would probably be more fun.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Have not been there for quite a few years but looks like they have seriously stepped up their game. These jumps are massive and quite frankly, i'm surprised many hits are more like doubles than tables.

don

Have not been there for quite a few years but looks like they have seriously stepped up their game. These jumps are massive and quite frankly, i'm surprised many hits are more like doubles than tables.

That interview with Aaron Chase had an old Props feel to it with the riding clips going on while the interview is taking place.

That was Dirtsculpt Dave King that did that line. Dude is a legend (NAM trails!). I saw he and a team were out making a spot for Moeller in Colorado recently.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Can confirm alot of open doubles and most of the jumps are steep with steeper short landings like dominion but much bigger . Also most are on some kinda hip , and technical with shark fins and awkward turns . it took me like 8 runs to even start getting a full clean run . Very intimidating .

Ian F

Can confirm alot of open doubles and most of the jumps are steep with steeper short landings like dominion but much bigger . Also most are on some kinda hip , and technical with shark fins and awkward turns . it took me like 8 runs to even start getting a full clean run . Very intimidating .
Just finally got a chance to watch the video - holy crap. A whole lotta "nope..." for me there... how does it compare to Fort Hill? Some of the jumps appear similar in size/consequence.

Regardless, it definitely looks like Powder Ridge has stepped up their game since the last time I was there.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
how does it compare to Fort Hill?
Completely different animals . Gentle giant is similar to dominion at creek but probably 2x the size with some open doubles one being close to 30ft gap that has a lil flat spot on the landing so it could be cased without instant death . Feels like giant bmx dirt jumps. Fort hill on the other hand has bigger distance gaps but its just built so well and the ramps are very mellow so it just doesn't feel as intimidating.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Screenshot_20220812-120909_Facebook.jpg

Another reason to visit

Top Bottom