European guy looking for contacts to explore the country (Freeride)

European guy looking for contacts to explore the country (Enduro/Freeride)

Dear all,

my name is Ben, I am a 26 year old guy from Stuttgart, Germany and I moved to the US on January, 19th this year. Currenty I am living in the area of Jersey City Heights/Union City. I´ve been riding Mountainbikes more or less actively since I was 16 years old.
I am riding a ´07 ReignX with my preferences on Freeride/ technical oriented touring and I´d like to get in contact with the mtb scene in (west) new york for heading for the backcountry and also to explore the most as possible of the famous spots during my time (2yrs+) in the US. I also already made 100km/1500m attitude difference (hell)trips with some marathon guys on my +30(?)lbs honey. As you might can imagine I don´t say "no" to a tricky downhill ride, but also don´t shy at riding uphill. My experience is anyway that the nicest places are, where nobody even thought to build a lift to!
Currently I am located in Jersey City Heights/ Union City, but in this county anyway nobody talks about distances... maybe me, because I will have a car maybe until May.

If you share the same hobby, please do not hesitate to contact me, I do not bite!

Looking forward to reading from you!
Ben

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

What up son! Welcome. Sorry I try to keep my wheels touching the ground as much as I can. Bad things happen otherwise.

I did find this however:
nba_jam.gif

BOOMSHAKKALAGGA!!!

The times when I tried to feel like a bird are long ago... just got older.
generally I´d like to describe my driving style as technically oriented touring, actually try to ride everything and primarily having fun.

:)

J-Dro

Ben, Welcome to the US of A. Seek out Ringwood State Park. I think you will find what you seek there.

NJ Jess

Karlsruhe vs Stuttgart

Hi there, My family is from Karlsruhe. I love visiting Stuttgart,..I ride in Dagersheim,.boblingen. Lots of riding here in the US. You are in some great riding spots,...just wait,....spring will bring start your travels. NJ, NY, CT,...sooooo much riding. And there's more,....Diablo for you my friend! See you on the trails.

wow! have you ever seen the stutgart downhill where you can ride into downtown and can take the cog railroad to get up the hill again. :)
I am from the other side from Stuttgart, but I know Boeblingen well, also many MTBers there and also the Schoenbuch forest. :)
Do you know somebody there? :)

Actually, where are you from? Unfortunatly I don´t have a car yet to get out of Union City, where I currently live. BUt if the weather will be nicer and you are going for a ride in the area... maybe there is sth possible with public transport. But I think in May or something I will have a car.

It´s boring to ride alone, even if you don´t know the nice spots.

NJ Jess

family ties

wow! have you ever seen the stutgart downhill where you can ride into downtown and can take the cog railroad to get up the hill again. :)
I am from the other side from Stuttgart, but I know Boeblingen well, also many MTBers there and also the Schoenbuch forest. :)
Do you know somebody there? :)

Actually, where are you from? Unfortunatly I don´t have a car yet to get out of Union City, where I currently live. BUt if the weather will be nicer and you are going for a ride in the area... maybe there is sth possible with public transport. But I think in May or something I will have a car.

It´s boring to ride alone, even if you don´t know the nice spots.

My sister still lives in Europe as does my aunts, uncles, cousins,....I visit when I can, but I myself was born and grew up here in the US. I did a lot of ADFC rides in germany and some forest stuff,..but my sister put the DHing on hold,....something about me not needed to break bones on vacation.

Don't worry about riding with people,..spring is on its way,...and everyone will be out and about. As long as you post up a ride,.....a lot of people drive though Union to bike the hills of north jersey. Besides,...you sound like the Diablo type,....lots of fun there. Ride with you soon,

hey,there,..willkomen im club!!
was ist denn hier los?! :)

@all:
thanks that you make me fell that I not rather left my bike at home! I am already something like... don´t know the word, but I guess Liong71er would understand what I mean with "hippelig"! :rofl:
About my riding preferences...hmmm... it goes from an easy day trip tour (unfortunately never did more until yet), enjoying the nature and preferably having some peppered saddle-down-sections to downhill riding only.

was ist denn hier los?! :)

@all:
thanks that you make me fell that I not rather left my bike at home! I am already something like... don´t know the word, but I guess Liong71er would understand what I mean with "hippelig"! :rofl:
About my riding preferences...hmmm... it goes from an easy day trip tour (unfortunately never did more until yet), enjoying the nature and preferably having some peppered saddle-down-sections to downhill riding only.

Hello,..... Sounds like a Diablo Freeride Park of a time.....

Thanks!

If anybody here likes to go riding (anything!), please feel free to contact me!
I`m already getting those ordinary extreme-couching/-desking extra pounds and my homies - what is worse - are bothering me with pictures like THIS!

:cry:

there we go guys... the weather says I have to move my ass at the weekend!
what´s the plan??? summer is there!

I am open for everything!
touring/cruising/gravity/urban....

Last edited:
hejhej! are there actually any groups in the area which are riding regularly?
maybe kind of all mountain/enduro in different locations...?

just let me know

Hey, Mr. "I don`t have a car :cry:" is back!

I have on now/finally and I am I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T!!! So maybe overpostying helps to get to the trails this weekend!

;)

argyle

Thanks!

If anybody here likes to go riding (anything!), please feel free to contact me!
I`m already getting those ordinary extreme-couching/-desking extra pounds and my homies - what is worse - are bothering me with pictures like THIS!

:cry:

now THAT is steep. (the fotos in the link.) yeah man, if you are looking for that i am afraid i can't help you. :eek:

whou... where you got this "ß" from? can you also do the "Ü" smilieface?
;)

i mean those pictures were taken at the lago laggiore in italy what is kinda europe´s whistler. but for example there are no state parks as they exist here and also there is nothing comparable to the trail network here... so anyway i don´t mind taking a longer distance by car if anybody of you would give me a guided tour anywhere or would introduce me into places like the diablo.
i do not bite! :p

gtluke

The Moped
Jersey City Heights?
Did I turn off your water like a month ago on accident? or turn it brown?
If so my appologies :)

Top Bottom