Estell Manor Re-Opening TM - 22 Sep 2012

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
In an effort to assist Atlantic County Parks in re-opening the north end trails @ Estell Manor, JORBA volunteers are needed on Saturday, September 22nd.

We will meet in the dirt lot off of Artesian Well Road at 8:30 am. Artesian Well Road is a dirt road located at mile marker 16, route 50 in Estell Manor. Drive through the gate and make your first left, the lot is at the end of that road.

Preliminary indications are that we will be moving in behind the park staff clearing blow downs that they have chopped, so be prepared for more lifting and less digging than a typical trail day. We will also concentrate on re-establishing the corridor in areas that have become overgrown since the closure, which came in prime undergrowth-takes-over season.

Please bring appropriate attire for trail work and water. Tools will be provided by JORBA. I have a decent amount of work gloves, but feel free to bring your own if you have them.

Anticipate working until 1230 or so depending on how much is out there.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'll be there with my favorite pair of work gloves. And maybe an apple fritter.

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
It is really nice to see everyone "rogering up" for this one. It will send a great message to the park. The counties' new park super will also be around in the AM, so even better.

Apple fritters are awesome, 'tis the season! For those who havent developed fall season tastebuds quite yet, I will have some bagels and coffee. :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions