Estell Manor 9/22 TM Thanks

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
By TM I mean TREE MAINTENANCE! :D

11 volunteers put in 55 hours of work on the trails today. We cleared corridor and blow downs that were easy work for the bucksaw and other less worthy hand tools.

There are still a significant amount of blow downs and overhead hanger hazards in the park. Over 100 fallen trees and over 25 hangers. JORBA will continue to work closely with the park and update the community as things change. The park staff is working on the big stuff and wants the trails open as much as we do. Thanks for your patience!

Thanks for braving ticks, chiggers and an insane mount of physical labor:

Rick Sprague
Rob Garrett
John Williams
Jason Cooke
Bobby Edwards
Mark Zanni
Bill Charlton
Clint Gill
Lou Zaniroli
Kurt Widmaier
Ken Seebeck

Have a great weekend!

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA.ORG
Some pics from today. Sorry for the crappy phone shots. It is much worse than I initially thought, and gives you an idea of why the temp closure is in place.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 444
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 435

moray42

Merman
Got another photo for you Ken

Attachments

• Estell damage panorama.jpg
    Estell damage panorama.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

pibbles

So I took the day off and went back to Estelle and took care of the second blowdown that we looked at after sawing up the first one. That double oak never knew what hit it! It took me 1hour and fifteen minutes to trim the branches and make four cuts with the ax. We can use the logs that were left over to make gettin' over the other two trees manageable.

KenS

JORBA.ORG
No poison ivy but I have an impressive amount of chigger bites. I sprayed enough for a ride but not enough for the bushwacking we did.

whtbread

No poison ivy but I have an impressive amount of chigger bites. I sprayed enough for a ride but not enough for the bushwacking we did.
Poison Ivy or Chiggar bites,?. All I know is I was itchy. ha I ended up using baking soda and it worked really well. First time I've ever had a problem with either.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions