Essex County

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like the volume of new riders has caught the attention of the powers that be. Knowing how this guy plays politics, I'd think some enforcement is probably coming, along with the removal of the features. Tread carefully.

1593028954855.png

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
The man made stuff was pretty blatant, surprised it lasted that long. Also laughed at “trail damage” and “damage to the environment” in the memo. Essex county trails are a mess and that has nothing to do with mountain bikers. The trails in the mtb legal parks are actually maintained and built to stand up to use and drain properly.

Last edited:

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The man made stuff was pretty blatant, surprised it lasted that long.
Yea I wish the people with that much time and passion for the sport would put there effort in were it might actually make a difference. Building sketchy features within eyesight of the rail trail and peoples back yards is not a good recipe for the mtb community

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The big picture here from my per view is that there is a local government who is blocking the will of the people to use open space in a way that they desire.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that organized team sports will not be happening for at least 1 more year. This means that there is no better time to MTB than right now.

6mr is getting hammered from overuse. We NEED more places to ride in NJ.

Last edited:

Rocksrgood4u

Someone ripped their athleisure avoiding an errant cyclist, eh?

Jokes aside, the local kids had much pent up energy in the spring and went to town in highly visible spots. I tried reasoning with a few, but ... kids. They clearly need an outlet. Maybe one that doesn't jeopardize access.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The big picture here from my per view is that there is a local government who is blocking the will of the people to use open space in a way that they desire.

Could not have said it better. It seems that
Joe D would rather spend the county’s money on bocce courts and huge billboards with airbrushed photos of his own orange head than on things the community would use. I’ve never seen anybody playing bocce in Cedar Grove but could imagine how well used a pump track would be in that location. The general distain for bikes is one of many reasons we left Essex.

NCHLS.mrz

Could not have said it better. It seems that
Joe D would rather spend the county’s money on bocce courts and huge billboards with airbrushed photos of his own orange head than on things the community would use. I’ve never seen anybody playing bocce in Cedar Grove but could imagine how well used a pump track would be in that location. The general distain for bikes is one of many reasons we left Essex.
Ya see i take the opposite approach and ride/build in all the illegal places which probably just makes things worse but whatever.

Mathers

Hasn't this been the stance for 30 years? There are just too many features in that area and it makes it way too obvious.
Even the guys leading the building there realize they are playing with fire.

serviceguy

Why the hostility toward mountain biking from this politician? I heard about it but never got to know why...

Top Bottom