Escape from Newark

BiknBen

road biking makes you tough!

Let's see 32 degrees, wet, and a 7:30 race start???

Road biking already made me tough.

Has anyone else noticed that the mild winter we had is taking it's time getting to Spring? Low temps are still going to be around freezing for another week?!? :mad2:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Has anyone else noticed that the mild winter we had is taking it's time getting to Spring? Low temps are still going to be around freezing for another week?!? :mad2:

Looks like this year we might actually have a spring, instead of it all the sudden it being 80 degrees. This wet weather sucks but the first week of 70 degrees with no leaf cover and we will be praying for rain.

Nimrod

Let's see 32 degrees, wet, and a 7:30 race start???

Road biking already made me tough.

6:45 here.... but its great training.

Disclaimer = Riding home from the event (in the car) with the heat on high, aimed at the feet. These spring Road Races are brutal

BiknBen

....but its great training.

I've done a few Branch Brook races in the low 30's. I'll get my training a little later in the day with a few extra degrees in the air and dollors in my wallet.

Enjoy the race!!!

Nimrod

Fun race!

Hit it up next weekend, for sure :D

Short Version.

On the ride home, I was driving on Route 22(?) which is a 3-4 lane highway (55mph) with no shoulder. All of the sudden this woman pulls up next to us, trying to get our attention...

Look in the rear view mirror... Oh BOY!!!

Turns out one of my Buddies didn't "Click" the latch on the Rack:( = His $7500 Road Bike got ejected at 55mph about 2 exits back.:confused:

He panicked, full melt down status.... he jumped out of the car and started running down the highway to get to his bike..... I swung around at the next exit..... and sure enough 2 exits back there was his road bike laying in the middle lane. Scooped up the bike, drove an exit, picked him up.... pulled off at the next exit to assess the damage to the bike.

S.O.B. the bike was fine;) thank goodness; minor damage to one shifter, he replaced the handlebar (good idea) so $300 and he's good.

Mo = "I want to forget this day ever happened..."

Me = "You kidding me!?! Me and Danny are never going to let you forget this day!"

Top Bottom