Epic Ride for 12-30-08

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Please post here if you have any ideas for an "Epic Ride" for December 30, 2008. I envision the ride to be a combination of asphalt and mountain ride, unless I can find a true epic on either discipline. My dream route includes Sterling Forest, Ringwood and Waywayanda. The route is not determined yet but will include Long Meadow Rd. and Greenwood Lake via the defunct Dockside Deli. Please note I would like to make it a century if possible, but the idea is to have a solid day of biking before the year’s over.

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
The Snow Will Melt in Time for 12-30 Epic

By Tuesday 12-30, most of the snow should be melted, please post back if you are up some MTB.

Also, please post your prefered location.

jimjo

you should do a watchung, south mountain, eagle rock, mills, rifle camp park, garrett mountain link up

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
tuesday dec 30

who's in for a ride tuesday

i prefer ringwood, or allamuchy (deer park) or lewis morris

please respond if you are in, and where you like to ride

tuesday looks nice for the bike
Mostly
Sunny
Hi 46°F

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
i dunno

i was in cape may and point pleasant today, so i feel like i have had enough of south jersey

if someone posts they want to road or mtb i am up for either, although i haven't taken road out for some time. road bike was nice on trainer until neighbors complained to super. so now, i have mtb in car, and looking for a mtb ride, although if someone want a road ride up to harriman i'm up for it

my sis-in-law gave me "inside the postal bus", so maybe its time to take the trek p.o. edition out for a spin

capiche?

xc62701

Don't these 2 items appeal to you?

Come on...century at Lewis Morris tomorrow? That's only like 17 laps, right?

Ehhhh... Century appeals to me - LM does not. I'm not a very big fan of that place when it's nice. If it's a 7 mile loop it works out to 14.2857142857(truncated to 10 decimal places) laps. I think I have done that to this point so I'll check that off my tick list...

I just finished up a 2 day century. I'll be out tomorrow wandering on my fixie. I won't be on the trails again till they freeze or they magically dry out.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
i need a fix cause i'm going down

i don't have a "fixie" or single-speed bike so unless some-one has a ride in mind, i'll be off to ringwood to mtb or trail run

Last edited:

jimjo

i was in cape may and point pleasant today, so i feel like i have had enough of south jersey

if someone posts they want to road or mtb i am up for either, although i haven't taken road out for some time. road bike was nice on trainer until neighbors complained to super. so now, i have mtb in car, and looking for a mtb ride, although if someone want a road ride up to harriman i'm up for it

my sis-in-law gave me "inside the postal bus", so maybe its time to take the trek p.o. edition out for a spin

capiche?

i just watched Toy Story with my kids so i think that im going to fly around my house like buzz light year for a total, of 2112 laps (decimals dropped) but thats only if the day after tomorrow sets in and we all go into the next ice age so i dont ruin my lawn

CrossAddict

4 hour ride/ VTC Style for 12/30/08

If all goes well (If I don't have to work on 'the list') I'll be hitting up some sweet roads in sussex, sullivan, and orange counties.:hmmm:

VTC (Vernon Training Camp) !!!

VTC Guymard Loop

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
i've been driving my car all over jersey the past few days, but i hope to attend one of your "vtc" rides one of these days

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
el tat (a.k.a. Jungle Habitat)

It was truly a blustery day, and the touring club came through again with an awesome ride.

Thanks to V.B., R.S., M.G. and "the Downhill Dude", making my staycation worth staycating.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=7354981

p_00529.jpg

p_00531.jpg

p_00533.jpg

Top Bottom