Endo TWICE

NJ Jess

Ouch, I'm sore. I decided to do the dual slamon at Diablo since I'm here doing the dh anyway. Wrong move. The stem on my titus elg is too long and I can't get far enough behind the seat .

therefore, if you see a great crash endo vid on the dual slamon course,..yup, it's me

Now, time for some beer.

don

bummer. Over the bar crashes are the scariest as it's hard to get out of them without some sort of injury. Part of the reason I don't go over a 100mm reach stem even on my XC SS rig.

BTW, how is the DS course - I didn't know Diablow had one this year.

NJ Jess

fresh

They are new so they are a bit mushy, but they will be nicely laid in with this race. It will become a longer run with more jumps in the future as per Shawn of Diablo.

NJMX835

Hope you're not too sore today.

There were plently of crashes yesterday including myself, the DH course is very slippery on BMW & soft in some other spots down below.

Hope it dries up a bit today, it was giving me fits yesterday, especially the waterfall section.

DownhillR3

Man another USOPEN in the bag. by DS Finals the course was pretty good, wasn't as rutted as friday. I'll agree on the DH being somewhat slick on Friday/saturday morning but it got retarded fast sunday, plus the winds died down somewhat. Overall I made finals & finished within the top quarter of the field without injury, so I can't complain to much, although I was hoping for a top ten in DH, oh so close.:mad2:

Frank

Sasquatch
ouch. Making contact with the ground up there will leave a mark. Take care, and feel better.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Diablo got me this w/e as well, first time on the ground in 2 years. Got pitched otb and landed on my feet running - into a field of 6"round rock - and didnt get to far b4 front flipping into the rubble. Oh well, one brake lever broken and not a single scratch. I feel lucky.

CrossAddict

Keep it up

Man another USOPEN in the bag. by DS Finals the course was pretty good, wasn't as rutted as friday. I'll agree on the DH being somewhat slick on Friday/saturday morning but it got retarded fast sunday, plus the winds died down somewhat. Overall I made finals & finished within the top quarter of the field without injury, so I can't complain to much, although I was hoping for a top ten in DH, oh so close.:mad2:

Hey did you improve on last years results? Keep in mind that these riders have been at it for a long time and you are still in high school. Keep trianing and having fun. It will come (the wins), but remenber always have fun.:)
Peace,

-rf

NJ Jess

Injury status report

Thanks for the photos,...It was fun even if it left its mark. I just got back from the doctors office. I have 1 stress fracture and a chipped bone via Xray. I go for a bone scan & athletic ortho doctor next week. Still swollen, still aches, but all I can do is take celebrex, ace bandage, RICE, and wait. It's just hard to make a fist, so no punching, hee hee hee

PS. The girl I'm pared with in the photo is Hannah Trimble,..the girl who broke her neck. She's going home this week and will be out for 12 weeks, but she said on mtbr that she will not be DHing anymore. Sorry to see such a sad ending to such a cheerful & exciting rider.

Last edited:
F

fighting_40

Guess I WILL be seeing you

At the BEACH.
Truly sorry to hear you got a fracture. I mean no one loves an endo like me (without injury) but really, no one does it quite as often, so I have a certain style..
Maybe that is why I enjoy knowing others suffer my fate. Sorry, but misery loves company.

Actually, maybe when you get back on the bike I won't be intimidated to ride with you. Assuming you will be taking it slow when you get back in the saddle, but then maybe that isn't you.
Larry

DownhillR3

Hey did you improve on last years results? Keep in mind that these riders have been at it for a long time and you are still in high school. Keep trianing and having fun. It will come (the wins), but remenber always have fun.:)
Peace,

-rf

The funny thing is, I got the exact place in DH as i did last year...24th. Although my time was decent, not the best, but also the course was a few seconds shorter this year then previous so that plays a factor as well.

Top Bottom