Endess Mountains Northeast PA

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Has anyone been to these mountains? I'm going to be staying in montrose, PA next year and heard about the endless mountains but can't seem to find anything on mountain biking there. I'm only 15 minutes from NYS so I may just head up to Jones park. If anyone has any guidance or experience let me know, thank you.

Endless Mountains is like saying "Poconos"...it describes nothing really!
There is some old secret stuff in Loyalsock State Forest. There's a mtbr thread about the Shambaugh maps :3
Worth exploring (if you have a cross or gravel bike, bring that. My favorite place to ride for many years)
You can ride uninterrupted doubletrack in State game lands 57, 13, and 12 (closest to Montrose - with a long section of old railbed). Not seamless loops of singletrack, but you can link up a lot of neat stuff in the SGLs.
The fresh hell of fracking around many rural corners as well.

Has anyone been to these mountains? I'm going to be staying in montrose, PA next year and heard about the endless mountains but can't seem to find anything on mountain biking there. I'm only 15 minutes from NYS so I may just head up to Jones park. If anyone has any guidance or experience let me know, thank you.
Give me a ring. I have a house in friendsville. I ride to Jones from the house. 973-445-3329.

My friend Phil lives off Forest Lake road and is a big mtb, road and running advocate in the area. They just did the mustache 100k gravel ride last weekend. Jones is really and awesome park…when it’s dry.

Not completely next door, but you're a moderate drive away from Merli Sanoski and Lackawanna State Park as well. Merli has some insanely cool tech and DH sections if you're willing to climb for it. LSP is a bit mixed, some flow and some tech. Also some pretty long climbs (although maybe that's just me being from South Jersey and having no context of climbing).

+1 on Merli and LSP. Each about 40 mins from Montrose. Well worth it. Also Moosic (Eales Preserve). About an hour. Very tech/Rocky but insanely fun.

Back
Top Bottom