End of front derailleurs?

rick81721

Lothar
Interesting tech

UoEDB3xWUEb5xMjLtJjKfg.jpg

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/classified-front-derailleur-killer-hub-spotted-in-pro-peloton/

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I would say that 1 out of 10 bikes already don't have a front derailleur. Anything recreational has gone to 1x for simplicity. MTB and Gravel are obviously 1x. Performance Road is 1x. Really only the Dentist/Old Man/B-Ride Hero bikes come 2x right now.

mwlikesbikes

Really only the Dentist/Old Man/B-Ride Hero bikes come 2x right now.
I’m not sure which category here I fall into? (Probably old man at this point ☹️)
My road & gravel bike are 2x and I don’t see myself converting either one to 1x. Mtb? Totally 1x.
I think for newer riders a lot can’t figure out front shifting properly while us old farts learned how to deal with a triple in the front.
They’ll never know the horror of chainsuck!!!

ebarker9

The Classified setup seems cool, downsides being the proprietary cassette, "dealer only" install, and that it's only available with their own wheelset. Otherwise, I'd absolutely buy one.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I’m not sure which category here I fall into? (Probably old man at this point ☹️)
My road & gravel bike are 2x and I don’t see myself converting either one to 1x. Mtb? Totally 1x.
I think for newer riders a lot can’t figure out front shifting properly while us old farts learned how to deal with a triple in the front.
They’ll never know the horror of chainsuck!!!

People under 30 don't have any idea what a front derailleur even is.

Top Bottom