EMS Outdoor Demo Day at Sourlands

Mare

EMS will hold their annual Outdoor Demo Day at the Sourlands on May 27th from 10AM-4PM.

There will be:
  • Group bike ride
  • Kayaks and stand up paddle boards to try
  • Minimalist running clinic
  • Bouldering
  • Camping gear display
  • And more to come

I will lead the bike ride at 1:00PM. Our JORBA 6Mile ride is this day and unfortunately I cannot make it because I have to work. The plus side is that leading a group ride for EMS is my work on this day. So please please please go to 6Mile first, as I am starting this ride later so folks can do the 6Mile ride in the morning and then head over to the Sourlands for more biking fun - just trying to accommodate everyone and everything! :)

The ride will be a very casual pace, playing on everything. Just know this park is ROCKY and extremely technical.

If I learn of more details, I'll share them with you here.

Last edited:

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
that sounds like a fun day...ive never been able to make it down to sourlands for either biking or bouldering...hmmm

Robin

awesome job duties!!! :D

Will check with the boss - this is right down the road from us and have been wanting to check it out.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Will EMS be bringing bikes to test ride? That's what a "demo day" usually means.

Mare

Will EMS be bringing bikes to test ride? That's what a "demo day" usually means.

They may, but we aren't counting on it cause we don't know if we will have enough. The Demo Day used to be kayaks and things minus the bikes. Bikes are relatively new to the company so they aren't stocked with a demo fleet yet. I am sure that in the future the demo days will have bikes though in addition to the boats and stuff.

Mare

Updates on demo bikes!!!

We will have the following in a bunch of sizes:

Mountain
Kona Kahuna
Jamis Dragon Sport
Jamis Nemesis
Felt Nine Sport

Road
Jamis Xenith Comp
Jamis Xenith Race
Jamis Ventura Race (women's)
Felt Z85
Felt Z6
Felt ZW75

We will also have about 20 kayaks and 15 stand up paddle boards, in addition to the events I mentioned in the 1st post - trail run, bouldering, group ride, and more. :)

Mare

Just got word that in addition to the bikes listed above (EMS will be bringing them) that Jamis will be there with a fleet of bikes as well. You will have your pick of bikes to try!

cuda

Just got word that in addition to the bikes listed above (EMS will be bringing them) that Jamis will be there with a fleet of bikes as well. You will have your pick of bikes to try!

Any idea if Jamis is gna be there all day?

BicyclePhD

Jamis Bicycles
Shop Keep
Jamis Demo Bikes

I am not sure how long Max will be there with the Trailer but here is the list of bikes he will be bringing with him

D29 Team 17"
D29 Team 19"
D29 Race 15"
D29 Race 17"
D29 Race 19"
XCR 29 Race 21"
XCR 29 Race 19' x2
Dragon 650 15"
Dragon 650 17"
Dragon 650 19"
650 B Pro 15"
650 B Pro 17"