EMS Outdoor Demo Day at Sourlands

J-Dro

Not to be Debby Downer, but it's likely to be very greasy tomorrow at Sourlands. Not muddy, but just a surface slime. That's how it was today and there is a thunderstorm headed our way in about 2 hours that will ensure moist conditions. Just so ya know...

Mare

Not to be Debby Downer, but it's likely to be very greasy tomorrow at Sourlands. Not muddy, but just a surface slime. That's how it was today and there is a thunderstorm headed our way in about 2 hours that will ensure moist conditions. Just so ya know...

I was afraid of that. :( Having all the demo stuff arranged and a big day planned, EMS will not cancel unless we get a hurricane, but we will be careful on the trails. The bikes would do the most damage, so if I need to cancel my group ride, I will do so. As far as folks on demo bikes, I will persuade them to use as much caution as possible. Everyone else in kayaks will certainly have a blast!

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
climbing and bombing the gas line should be a good enough test of the bikes :p

J-Dro

I was afraid of that. :( Having all the demo stuff arranged and a big day planned, EMS will not cancel unless we get a hurricane, but we will be careful on the trails. The bikes would do the most damage, so if I need to cancel my group ride, I will do so. As far as folks on demo bikes, I will persuade them to use as much caution as possible. Everyone else in kayaks will certainly have a blast!

I don't think there will be trail damage, I'm just warning folks to look out for slippery rocks and slimy boardwalks.

It's raining here now BTW. :cry:

Mare

Indeed Sourlands was SLICK! And messy, and slick, and messy too! I didn't last very long on the bike cause the trails were too sloppy and dangerous for my taste. We had quite a few brave people demo bikes, many kayakers, and a whole lot of fun. Hopefully next year will be a bit sunnier and drier. It was good to see a few of you MTBNJers that did come out!

Top Bottom