Elm ridge or round top?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do both! Ride Elm Ridge, then have lunch at Riedlbaur's, then ride Round Top, and then hit the beer garden.

They are both fun, but Elm Ridge is significantly easier to navigate.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’ve only ridden Roundtop, but it was epic. I’ve only pre rode and raced while it’s marked for enduro course… but it seemed like it could get confusing without the markings up… amazing trails tho. They put tons of work into this place.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm going to vote Round Top. I have never ridden there.

I was recently told that Elm Ridge is a little beat up right now. And that Round Top is amazing and I should go there. So with that, I encourage you to go there.

Report back!

daytona

Elm Ridge has harder climbs and more flow than Round Top. Round Top has more tech. You can definitely do both in a day. Park at fun loop go ride up Elm ridge do a couple back and forths and then go to Reidlbaures park by golf range. Have lunch and explore. Trailforks has round top and Elm Ridge mapped.

roc

I’ve never been to round top, but I would go to Elm Ridge. I rode there for 2 days several years ago, and I just remember it being awesome. It was definitely in my top 10. That’s why I’d go back. I also stayed at a house that was trail side and had a great time, so that may color my recollection.

Over the Bars

Decided to do round top the Enduro course was all marked out so i did the whole course. Wow this place is awesome better than anything I've ridden in nj by far. I am totally spent though today was the first time I've ridden in 2 months since I broke my arm. 14.23 Miles and 1795 elevation gain wish I was i had been riding all summer had to do way more hike a bike than I would have liked on some of the washed out fire roads. So much varied terrain here lots and lots of you better not fall here spots!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Decided to do round top the Enduro course was all marked out so i did the whole course. Wow this place is awesome better than anything I've ridden in nj by far. I am totally spent though today was the first time I've ridden in 2 months since I broke my arm. 14.23 Miles and 1795 elevation gain wish I was i had been riding all summer had to do way more hike a bike than I would have liked on some of the washed out fire roads. So much varied terrain here lots and lots of you better not fall here spots!
Their Enduro was my favorite race I did last year. I keep saying I need to get back just to ride. The waterfall right up the hill from Reidlebaur's feels amazing after an epic ride.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I had a great ride there a few weeks back and found it to be surprisingly superior to Elm Ridge. I rode the ebike as i somehow lost the battery for the der on my acoustic/analog bike. (go ahed.. bash away)

I'll say that it's a super place to ride ebikes.

Over the Bars

I had a great ride there a few weeks back and found it to be surprisingly superior to Elm Ridge. I rode the ebike as i somehow lost the battery for the der on my acoustic/analog bike. (go ahed.. bash away)

I'll say that it's a super place to ride ebikes.
In my current fitness level an ebike would have been awesome to have here. My quads have lost enough muscle that my knee pads kept falling down.... lame

joenova

Do both! Ride Elm Ridge, then have lunch at Riedlbaur's, then ride Round Top, and then hit the beer garden.

They are both fun, but Elm Ridge is significantly easier to navigate.

I happen to just come across Riedlbaur's when looking up some trails in the Catskills -- so funny to see it mentioned here less than a week later! Good food and beer, I assume??

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I happen to just come across Riedlbaur's when looking up some trails in the Catskills -- so funny to see it mentioned here less than a week later! Good food and beer, I assume??
Definitely...and brats. Really neat place, great riding and awesome beer garden after...win win

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn't stay at the resort but this is where I parked both times I've been there. The enduro route started and ended back at their property, and maybe I was just hungry, but that was the best bratwurst I've ever had. The entire area is scenic and the trails are amazing. Waterfalls, scenic overlooks, flow trails, tech trails, drops, jumps.... seriously the best riding I did last year.

Over the Bars

Not a drinker so I can't help you with the beer part but The schnitzel and fish and chips were both really great, the area is beautiful and the riding was great as well

DanBrodeen

Been to Round Top at least a dozen times and going for a few days next weekend. Always stay at Riedlbauer's Resort. Highly recommend it! Will hopefully check out Elm Ridge someday. Trailforks works pretty well at Round Top.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Going to be up there next weekend, hope to finally rode both elm ridge and round top. Any must ride trail recommendations would be appreciated.

Over the Bars

Going to be up there next weekend, hope to finally rode both elm ridge and round top. Any must ride trail recommendations would be appreciated.
Stage 1and 5 from this year's Enduro course were my favorite do t know the actual trails they were though but the course is on trial forks

Top Bottom