Elm ridge near windham

roc

Everybody should get to elm ride for a ride, it is amazing. After reading @jdog post, I went with a buddy overnight and we stayed at windhamwoods.com, the house was awesome. If you go, definitely stay at this house, you can ride right to the trails from the house.
Elm ridge has maybe the best downhill I’ve ever been on, it starts at the top of levitate and takes you all the way back to the trailhead. It has to be 3 miles long. It’s unreal!! My buddy thought that Berm out was the most fun downhill he’s ever been on, that’s 2 amazing downhills on the same ride.
After your ride you can kick back and relax by the fire pit.

Attachments

• 7163FB5B-2D76-4FF0-AD95-E02AB1EB60CC.jpeg
    7163FB5B-2D76-4FF0-AD95-E02AB1EB60CC.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 131
  • CE72DA83-3CB7-45E8-9961-9D089B29BADD.jpeg
    CE72DA83-3CB7-45E8-9961-9D089B29BADD.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 135

myname

Rob, glad you enjoyed the house. Windham Area Recreation Foundation (WARF) is constantly maintaining and adding to the Elm Ridge Trail system. They've got a full time 5 person crew working everyday.
Selfish plug regarding the house:
We'll be providing access to the shed which is equipped with a wall mounted bike stand for repairs, work bench and plenty of bike storage. As you mentioned there's single track on our property, which I built with @jdog, that connects to the Elm Ridge trail network. More info here:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19733251?s=51

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Everybody should get to elm ride for a ride, it is amazing. After reading @jdog post, I went with a buddy overnight and we stayed at windhamwoods.com, the house was awesome. If you go, definitely stay at this house, you can ride right to the trails from the house.
Elm ridge has maybe the best downhill I’ve ever been on, it starts at the top of levitate and takes you all the way back to the trailhead. It has to be 3 miles long. It’s unreal!! My buddy thought that Berm out was the most fun downhill he’s ever been on, that’s 2 amazing downhills on the same ride.

This place is super fun. Last week we stopped here and rode most of the trails before heading to Highland and then to the Kingdom trails.

I'd highly recommend a visit as a stand alone or a stopping point for a New England tour.

xc62701

Agreed! I’ve been there. And to that house! It’s a great setup and the trails are awesome. If anyone can go check it out - do it.

Andyguy

agreed.. I just went this past weekend and the burm out trail is simply amazing.. rumor has it that that trail will end at a local bed n breakfast and will implement a beer garden..

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Cool. I was thinking of heading up to Stewart this weekend but maybe I’ll check that out instead.

roc

Cool. I was thinking of heading up to Stewart this weekend but maybe I’ll check that out instead.
It’s a little further that Stewart’s from Jersey, you may want to make it an overnight and stay at windhamwoods.com
It’s a sweet place.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
It’s a little further that Stewart’s from Jersey, you may want to make it an overnight and stay at windhamwoods.com
It’s a sweet place.
Right, it’s another hour north, probably a solid two hour ride. But I’m in the rare instance that my wife is out of town so I might as well make a full day of it.

Mountain Bike Mike

This place is super fun. Last week we stopped here and rode most of the trails before heading to Highland and then to the Kingdom trails.

I'd highly recommend a visit as a stand alone or a stopping point for a New England tour.

What is the trail terrain like? Smoth flowy, tight, rock gnar?

Riding there this weekend

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was only there once and it was a few years ago. Sounds like there is a bunch of new stuff and I need to go back. Wish it was closer.

Top Bottom