Elm Ridge Info

all_mt_clyde

Does anyone know if the trail access issues at helm Ridge have been resolved? Last year I read one of the better trails was closed because it ran on private land. Trail forks shows everything open. I’m hesitant to contact ‘Fats in the Cats’ because their website doesn’t look very active.

roc

I
Does anyone know if the trail access issues at helm Ridge have been resolved? Last year I read one of the better trails was closed because it ran on private land. Trail forks shows everything open. I’m hesitant to contact ‘Fats in the Cats’ because their website doesn’t look very active.
i was there last year and they only thing I saw closed were these very high wooden structures that looked very sketchy. That place is so fun.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
I was there in the late fall, about a month after the original news report came out. And I know a few of the locals who ride there regularly. The contested Trails are on the south side of the park. See the circled area. The others as far as I know are still open. If you go, be sure to do Run Noot. It’s a hoot from East to west. North face is a must do downhill (would be a tough slog uphill). Enjoy!
326D3CF6-55E5-4E0C-B420-02ADCD9C55A3.jpeg

Bleeder

JORBA:President
From Nick at WARF regarding the machine build stuff on the south end by the field.

The property owner has decided to close his section of that trail which unfortunately possesses many great features that WARF built last year. Bummer but we are working on some other cool trails for the future.

Nick

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
From Nick at WARF regarding the machine build stuff on the south end by the field.

The property owner has decided to close his section of that trail which unfortunately possesses many great features that WARF built last year. Bummer but we are working on some other cool trails for the future.

Nick

the Best is yet to come at Elm Ridge.
I believe in what they are doing and I donated a good amount of money to their efforts this year.

Its still worth going.

the stuff they closed was cool but it’s still fun without it. This is rumored to be a my way or the highway type situation.

rich people taking their toys and going home when they don’t get their way. (rumors only)

chaloots

i rode up there a few times, the berm out section was awesome but the other sections should keep you busy for a bit also. look into the tannersville trails and round top also in the vicinity

iLuveketchup

How well does Elm Ridge drain water? Thinking of going there (for the first time) tomorrow, but don't want to ruin the trails.

all_mt_clyde

So I went yesterday and had a neat time! It drains much like Sterling Forest. The climbs are mild with lots of flow - Mid Mtn, Run Moot, North Face, Berm out. Would combine Elm Ridge with Tannersville for a fun full day. Would go again!
I did the same last year. Hoping the Tannersville trails keep growing; lots of potential.

Robin

heading up north for coaching in a two weeks - was hoping to check out Elm...any suggestions/routes/must rides?

Top Bottom