Ebikes on Federal Land

mtn

I would be interested in hearing more about these other trails you can't mention.
No can do. Only one person expressed interest in riding my local trails in the thread I made. So I will not be showing anyone.

Fat Trout

I never do trail maintenance NOT solo. Mostly carrying 20lbs of chainsaw stuff, but other times carrying a shovel, axe mattock, rake, hatchet, hand saw, and the personal gear. I don’t do rock armoring, so no spud bars thank goodness. Normal day is probably 5-10 miles. No way I’d think about using a bike. Plus, hiking it gives you a chance to move rocks or logs and trim branches with pruners.

Right...so hiking makes up for time to get to the spot , get the work done and get out too?
I'll do solo TM hikes with my 193TC in my pack. My 261 moves via bike or very planned distance hike for solo missions. The heavy saws and all proper PPE take their toll. On my fat bike on a rack the bigger saw makes the bike tippy. A bob trailer keeps the weight low and its all pull and no center of gravity instability. This is where an Ebike can be huge. Older folk seem to be the backbone of TM organization and effort so E bike not only has its place, I'll use the buzz word of current day and say its "essential". Don't want to use one...OK. Question why some would use one....really?

Top Bottom