Easton EA70 XC 26" Wheelset-BRAND NEW

Someone inquired about this wheelset and I don't want to steer them wrong. Can anyone give an opinion on this wheelset vs. the quality of a wheelset that would come on a Trek Fuel EX8. The current Fuel EX8 is spec'ed with these; Bontrager 15mm alloy front hub, Shimano M525 alloy rear hub; Bontrager Duster Disc 32-hole rims, Tubeless Ready.

Thanks

in that case :whoopdedo

in all seriousness. I would trust Easton products over Bontrager

Spec wise yours is 18mm vs Duster's 23mm (interior)
Your set is probably a bit lighter

I think what it comes down to is does he mind the width difference cause it will affect his tire volume.

Someone inquired about this wheelset and I don't want to steer them wrong. Can anyone give an opinion on this wheelset vs. the quality of a wheelset that would come on a Trek Fuel EX8. The current Fuel EX8 is spec'ed with these; Bontrager 15mm alloy front hub, Shimano M525 alloy rear hub; Bontrager Duster Disc 32-hole rims, Tubeless Ready.

Thanks

I currently have 2 sets of the "Trek" wheels the 26 version on my Top Fuel 8 and the 29er version on my Misfit, both set up tubeless. They are solid, dependable wheels nothing flashy for sure. I've had no issues with the wheels or hubs at my current Clydesdale weight. I'm in the process of getting new wheels for the 29er because apparently money doesn't like to stay in my pocket. I really can't tell you much about the Eastons other than what you probably already know from looking at the pics and specs.

I'm sure you have nice pockets but I think I'll get more bang for my buck with new wheels

Back
Top Bottom