Early Morning Tourne

ytc100

I'm in the Tourne almost everyday around 6:15am.
If anyone's an early bird like me and wants to join...

ytc100

Funny. I wish I had enough time to get out there and ride with you but I don't think I'd make it to work on time.
One of these days.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
I'm in the Tourne almost everyday around 6:15am.
If anyone's an early bird like me and wants to join...

And this is what sucks about having to be at work in Teterboro by 7am. :( But getting out at 4 puts me on the trails by 4:30 so I can't really complain.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
in another week or so i may take you up on this. i need to get my body used to getting up early again (for one) and get my lungs AND legs back (two). having a cold for two weeks didn't help matters at all.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
what loop do you do and where do you start? since you're right in denville, i'd guess the mt. lakes side?

ytc100

I usually ride from my house to the park so I come in off of Old Boonton Road. About a third of the way up the hill I make the right into the park. From there I have some favorite loops I string together. Depending on how I'm feeling I pretty much hit every trail in the park without too much doubling back.

I also sometimes drive and meet a friend at 6am near the Kings strip mall. I never parked/started from the lake but I've been thinking recently that I'd like to try that.

Where are you coming from?

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
now roxbury...but i used to be able to go out my back door and cut through the condos to get to trails. i really didn't have to even touch pavement.

so you pretty much head up the denville side and ride in on the red trail? that what it sounds like. do you head to the top of the tourne as well, or do you stay on the denville/mt. lakes side? just curious.

ytc100

It would be nice to step out my door and be in the park. It's about 2.5 miles from my house.

Yeah I guess it's the red trail. I never paid much attention to the blazes in the Tourne.

I will usually work the ride to the top into my loop - those ramps are too much fun. If I'm feeling real good I'll do the top twice and take the downhill off the front side as well.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
ouch. it may be more than a week or so before i join you. i need to get some good miles on my legs before i do that climb twice.

ytc100

Well I'm not up to that level myself yet. Probably another couple weeks. Right now I do about 9-10 miles in there.

Top Bottom