Early AM Rides

Shaggz

A strong 7
I am trying to get on a regular schedule for early morning rides at KVSP. 2-3 mornings (M, T, TH) a week 6:30ish. I know it's early, but any takers?

Shaggz

A strong 7
GREAT JAKE - where do you live? My wife and I are trying to "schedule" exercise time for ourselves, which is very difficult to do with 2 young children. Which 2 mornings work best for you?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm in succasunna, right down the road. really, any two morning work. most of the time, i'm up early b/c i, just like you, have two little ones and the am is usually the only time i can get out with no strings. my wife usually takes the am nap shift to get her exercise in.

lets pick a couple days..weds/fri? tues/thurs?

Shaggz

A strong 7
my wife works 1 day a week during the summer, and i will confirm with her when i get home tonight. cool - double motivation to get pedalling on a regular basis.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
sounds good! maybe after a few weeks of doing this we'll be able to keep up with scott. :D

ytc100

bonefishjake said:
sounds good! maybe after a few weeks of doing this we'll be able to keep up with scott. :D

Thanks for the compliment but you should have seen me stumbling around on my hands and knees in the mud (being followed by a bear!) at the Mooch yesterday. Tough ride.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
Thanks for the compliment but you should have seen me stumbling around on my hands and knees in the mud (being followed by a bear!) at the Mooch yesterday. Tough ride.

interesting... now I think I'm happy I had to wait around for the contractor. :D

ytc100

Jason said:
interesting... now I think I'm happy I had to wait around for the contractor. :D

Interesting indeed! Saw that bear twice and I was not happy when it decided to follow me as I pushed my bike up a rubble strewn downhill I just flew down. :eek:

Shaggz

A strong 7
would have been even more interesting if you and al were on that tandem. i have a mental image of the 3 stoodges being chased around by a bear...

jake - it's gonna take more than a few weeks to keep up with scott - maybe a couple of cinder blocks and broken leg thrown in for good measure. it looks like the only bad day for me is thursday, so maybe m/w, t/f or m/f. let me now what you think.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
smarencik said:
would have been even more interesting if you and al were on that tandem. i have a mental image of the 3 stoodges being chased around by a bear...

jake - it's gonna take more than a few weeks to keep up with scott - maybe a couple of cinder blocks and broken leg thrown in for good measure. it looks like the only bad day for me is thursday, so maybe m/w, t/f or m/f. let me now what you think.

yeah...you're probably right. i'll have to be getting in two 30+ mile road rides a week just so my lungs stay in my chest! must have been fun with that bear though...i REAL sorry i missed that one.

any of those are good. i'll PM you my cell and we can set it up. figure start with one day this week and two next?

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
jake - looks like i'm in tomorrow 6:30 at the goodale road lot. a good clean down and pair of pliers on the big ring, and the bike is good to go. me on the other hand...

Shaggz

A strong 7
jake: nice ride this am. i saw a bear poking it's head out of the single track area along goodale road when i pulled out of the parking lot.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
no chit? i was wondering if we were going to see any this am. let me know if you are going to ride on friday.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i'm defintiely riding wednesday, and will try for friday, unless i do the thursday night ride.

the bear wasn't a big one - maybe 150-200 lbs. i've seen several in the section of park behind the parking field, but never across goodale road.

Top Bottom