Eagle GX and NX compatibility

BPaze

I just upgraded to Eagle but 1 of my wheelsets still has a shimano freehub body. I can swap freehub bodies but being cheap I was wondering if I can have an NX cassette and GX cassette on each wheel set respectively and swap them without adjusting the rear deraileur?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
You know I have GX on both the RDO and the Hightower
When switching wheels between them, I do need to adjust the limiter a little bit.

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I just upgraded to Eagle but 1 of my wheelsets still has a shimano freehub body. I can swap freehub bodies but being cheap I was wondering if I can have an NX cassette and GX cassette on each wheel set respectively and swap them without adjusting the rear deraileur?

100% compatible, but you'll probably need to tweak the derailleur a bit.

BPaze

Thank you both I am terrible at tweaking derailleur but we will see if this experiment helps me improve

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Thank you both I am terrible at tweaking derailleur but we will see if this experiment helps me improve
If i remember correctly the park tool website has a greag video on hiw ri adjust the rear derailleur.

The secret (for me ) is get it mostly right and then tge finak adjustments are made in the 2nd ti smallest gear.

serviceguy

You know I have GX on both the RDO and the Hightower
When switching wheels between them, I do need to adjust the limiter a little bit.
That is only because you don’t have super boost+...either that or because SRAM is not Shimano...there I said that!

Top Bottom