• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
So you weren't a fan of this album?
artworks-000465044421-04ayzh-t500x500.jpg

The start of the movement to hold cops accountable for the actions of other cops?
30 years later now. How's it going? Educating the white kids about how it is to be black.
There is a great documentary on NWA leading up to F the Police.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
By trends of society, i mean fighting racism and the degradation of women.
The first thing we have to do is stop using the words associated with this hate.
The current lack of decorum in politics (and emboldening society) is annoying - but that comes and goes.

Which wave are you surfing? Perhaps the one that attempts to not discriminate because of a foreign accent,
or a last name that ends in a vowel? I've already had to deal with that, and it still stings, and it wasn't 'just words'.

Once we stop using the words, we might be able to stop thinking it - but i doubt it.
I fight the racist words/actions of my childhood, just like my parents did as they grew older and more informed.
If we stop using the words, then maybe the next generation stops thinking in those terms,
which could reduce the behaviors that arise from the thoughts.

I'm sure you can look up misandry.

See above -

You can't blame the person that is truly offended because you used a slang term for a woman's body part to imply weakness in men?
Even without intent, it signals that women are weak, or lack fortitude.
It isn't the one word, which might be considered vulgar. It was the context.

Not to start a gender war (because I love the ladies, adore my daughter, and hold my wife on a pedestal), but speaking of misandry, have you ever quietly listened to a group of ladies talk about men, be it their husbands or men in general? Its way more brutal than any conversation that I can ever remember having with "the boys". I think that women are pretty strong these days, just look at them in society, industry, politics. Sure there's bias in general, but a lot of it these days is purposely exaggerated and perpetrated, I believe with the goal of keep us separated and create tension in society, and create this culture of "social justice". I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but the end goal is control.

And as far as bias, racism, etc. goes, it will be here until the end of time, no matter how "enlightened" we get. It is biologically ingrained in every animal species on this planet. Life on earth has evolved to be competitive, and bias is just one manifestation of it. Not saying its right, its just a part of our existence that will always be there at some level.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not to start a gender war (because I love the ladies, adore my daughter, and hold my wife on a pedestal), but speaking of misandry, have you ever quietly listened to a group of ladies talk about men, be it their husbands or men in general? Its way more brutal than any conversation that I can ever remember having with "the boys". I think that women are pretty strong these days, just look at them in society, industry, politics. Sure there's bias in general, but a lot of it these days is purposely exaggerated and perpetrated, I believe with the goal of keep us separated and create tension in society, and create this culture of "social justice". I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but the end goal is control.

And as far as bias, racism, etc. goes, it will be here until the end of time, no matter how "enlightened" we get. It is biologically ingrained in every animal species on this planet. Life on earth has evolved to be competitive, and bias is just one manifestation of it. Not saying its right, its just a part of our existence that will always be there at some level.
I agree with what you are saying. In relation to this thread and online interaction in general, it is very hard to provide proper context when writing a few words to a few paragraphs in our responses. Hence, everything can we assume that someone will take it out of context and be upset.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I agree with what you are saying. In relation to this thread and online interaction in general, it is very hard to provide proper context when writing a few words to a few paragraphs in our responses. Hence, everything can we assume that someone will take it out of context and be upset.

Its very difficult to express emotion, tone, and context in 2-3 sentences online. Its a skill that very few posses. It doesn't help that we live in a society where people are just constantly looking for something to be outraged and offended by.

Most of these new societal trends have been purposely engineered to foster this, because once you've created that population that is so easy to offend, it becomes much easier to manipulate them. Bringing it back to this thread, every justification that I've read for an e-bike has been repeated over and over again in all of the various "free" on-line media outlets, that are basically just advertising platforms for the bike industry. There isn't a single original rationale for one here. We are all very easily manipulated.

rick81721

Lothar
Its very difficult to express emotion, tone, and context in 2-3 sentences online. Its a skill that very few posses. It doesn't help that we live in a society where people are just constantly looking for something to be outraged and offended by.

Most of these new societal trends have been purposely engineered to foster this, because once you've created that population that is so easy to offend, it becomes much easier to manipulate them.

This is my goto gif for this topic

F3KQEAM.gif

BPaze

That reminds me, saw a big group of MTBers this past Saturday going up the righter mine trail I think it's called. Interestingly 2 were on E-bikes and they were the younger of the group. They also were only in the middle of the pack and one of them looked to be suffering pretty nicely.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
That reminds me, saw a big group of MTBers this past Saturday going up the righter mine trail I think it's called. Interestingly 2 were on E-bikes and they were the younger of the group. They also were only in the middle of the pack and one of them looked to be suffering pretty nicely.

I know you'll be sniffing dogs soon

Top Bottom