• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

Kaleidopete

I guess someone not getting why someone else would want an e-bike is like someone that
likes flowy trails not getting why someone else likes technical, or someone that likes challenges
doesn't get why someone else just rides simple trails in the park. It's all about why you want to
ride a bike in the first place. Nice that there are enough people doing different things and finding
others that like to do the same things as them find each other and form small groups. It's all about enjoying the ride! 😊
I personally like doing many things, though I'm not so good at many of them, so small doses are fine.
Exploring
Technical
Flowy
Trail Maintenance
Beach
Road

JonF

Had my first *negative* run in with an e-bike rider. Let me preface saying as a former moto rider, i'm pro e-bike and want to see improvements in both technology and societal aspect and that this is mainly reflective on the rider, but does illustrate one of the main speed differential issues you can encounter with an e-biker.

I was riding a local trail in the popular DH direction and its also bench cut into the side of the hill with the right being the fall line and exposure side. As i'm cooking down, an e-biker is also cooking *up* and when we round the blind-ish corner, we both jump on the brakes. Since the right side is the exposure side, i veer left towards the safer uphill direction as i'm starting to slide sideways for avoid a nasty tumble. We both stop short of impact, but the other douche, i mean dude, has a cojones to throw a snide comment that "We keep RIGHT here in America, you understand me?" I was taken a bit offguard with that comment as it was obvious that i had the brakes locked up and was sliding and going right meant a bad ending. Plus it somehow insinuated that not only was i totally in the wrong here, but that I was not American or some other racist bullshit. Well, f*$% that guy and the e-bike he rode in on! Good thing they turned off fly-by's on strava or else his bitch ass would have been outed. 🤣

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Had my first *negative* run in with an e-bike rider. Let me preface saying as a former moto rider, i'm pro e-bike and want to see improvements in both technology and societal aspect and that this is mainly reflective on the rider, but does illustrate one of the main speed differential issues you can encounter with an e-biker.

I was riding a local trail in the popular DH direction and its also bench cut into the side of the hill with the right being the fall line and exposure side. As i'm cooking down, an e-biker is also cooking *up* and when we round the blind-ish corner, we both jump on the brakes. Since the right side is the exposure side, i veer left towards the safer uphill direction as i'm starting to slide sideways for avoid a nasty tumble. We both stop short of impact, but the other douche, i mean dude, has a cojones to throw a snide comment that "We keep RIGHT here in America, you understand me?" I was taken a bit offguard with that comment as it was obvious that i had the brakes locked up and was sliding and going right meant a bad ending. Plus it somehow insinuated that not only was i totally in the wrong here, but that I was not American or some other racist bullshit. Well, f*$% that guy and the e-bike he rode in on! Good thing they turned off fly-by's on strava or else his bitch ass would have been outed. 🤣
Here in America? WTF?!?

Now about flying downhill and around a “blindish” corner.... 🤔

alex_k

Attachments

• a11d607cb6a96f91c9c2b75322d91536.jpg
    a11d607cb6a96f91c9c2b75322d91536.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 81

don

Right on!
If Paul Bas's story isn't enough anyone that is still hating on e-bikes should just watch the section with Eddy King getting out of his car with canes and then riding a few moments later. Eddy King was a huge influence to many bmx'ers in the 80's (including me). To see him still be able to enough riding after a horrible crash is amazing.

Powerful.

EJphotos

Just test rode a Trek Allant+ 8S today. That was fun - Class 3 so 28 mph pedal assist. Got up to speed quick! Starting to look at e-bikes because I'd love to use one to commute to work (20 miles one way).

1619573516824.png

Any of you shop owners have something comparable (this style commuter, 28 mph) in different brands, in stock that I could test ride too? Would love to check out more brands. This was definitely on the expensive side.

littlev21

intriguing option: under 10K, under 38 pounds

Rise brings you nearer the sensation that less “e” delivers more “bike”.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
intriguing option: under 10K, under 38 pounds

Rise brings you nearer the sensation that less “e” delivers more “bike”.

38 lbs but for the $10K model. Lower level is probably closer to 45 lbs. Still, it’s a step in the right direction.

Top Bottom