• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
we have a third thread to add for a trifecta of lameness?
The fact that you see the world as lame leads me to believe that you don't regard yourself very highly, for if you did, you could see the good in things. You continually come here to post your ugliness. Accept yourself so that you can accept others.

Please don't come back at with me with more ugliness, I am not looking to go back and forth, that goes against in what I believe.
😉

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is the perfect companion to the non-alcoholic beer thread. Do we have a third thread to add for a trifecta of lameness?

we could start a poll concerning this person contemplating the use of the legal system to get justice.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
we could start a poll concerning this person contemplating the use of the legal system to get justice.

The Francis’s of the site need to lighten up. I see the world as beautiful actually, I can’t get enough of it, but there is lameness in it also, and I call it like I see it. Opinions are cool until they don’t agree with the common narrative, huh?

As far as this chick is concerned, this should go in the Darwinism thread. Her second mistake was washing her hair, water is the catalyst to harden Gorilla glue, her third was sharing her idiocy with the world. I say let her sue, it’ll be entertaining, no?

Patrick

Staff member
but it didn't say 'not for use on hair'
i regularly ate the desiccant packages that came with all the electronics until i was told not to. way tougher to overcome than alc.
and i'm also upset that i can't supertuck or place my hands anywhere but on the handlebars anymore - this was a staple of the WWW
(Wild West Wheelmen Wheelpersons) - UCI helicoptering in. i was thinking that the bike should be tethered to the rider,
just in case it gets away, it can't fly into the crowd, or create a secondary obstacle away from the rider. - minimally it could disconnect the down tube motor.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
but it didn't say 'not for use on hair'
i regularly ate the desiccant packages that came with all the electronics until i was told not to. way tougher to overcome than alc.
and i'm also upset that i can't supertuck or place my hands anywhere but on the handlebars anymore - this was a staple of the WWW
(Wild West Wheelmen Wheelpersons) - UCI helicoptering in. i was thinking that the bike should be tethered to the rider,
just in case it gets away, it can't fly into the crowd, or create a secondary obstacle away from the rider. - minimally it could disconnect the down tube motor.
I guess this is kind of like no one telling George that he couldn't have sex with the cleaning lady.

This is 2021, someone will always helicopter in to make things "fair" or save us from ourselves.

Danimal

Why does she need to sue? She has a go fund me page so others can pay her dumb ass for being a chode

Patrick

Staff member
Why does she need to sue? She has a go fund me page so others can pay her dumb ass for being a chode

cause a lawyer is going to do pro bono work to get some publicity, just like the dr that is going to attempt the removal.
it is also what one adolescent says to another.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Francis’s of the site need to lighten up. I see the world as beautiful actually, I can’t get enough of it, but there is lameness in it also, and I call it like I see it. Opinions are cool until they don’t agree with the common narrative, huh?

So you think people with alcohol abuse problems are lame? To me, ripping on people who are different than you to make yourself feel better is not only lame but the definition of a bully. Sure, that's my opinion. But I'm guessing a lot of people would agree with me.

At the end of the conversation, it's usually not someone's differing opinion but the way they deliver it. By punching people in the face with it, you kind of show your true self. I don't dislike you necessarily. But you really come off as a douche some days.

serviceguy

So..... anyone see that 2 Congressmen are introducing a bill to get give tax incentives on E-Bikes?

From the sound of it this is a completely different perspective on e-bikes, looking at them as an alternative to car commuting rather than to human powered bikes use...can't wait to ride my $6500 e-bike to work under a pouring rain, all 33 miles of it, each way.

Patrick

Staff member
Gorilla Glue head is 40yo.

return to regular programming.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
So you think people with alcohol abuse problems are lame? To me, ripping on people who are different than you to make yourself feel better is not only lame but the definition of a bully. Sure, that's my opinion. But I'm guessing a lot of people would agree with me.

At the end of the conversation, it's usually not someone's differing opinion but the way they deliver it. By punching people in the face with it, you kind of show your true self. I don't dislike you necessarily. But you really come off as a douche some days.
Well, if I offended anyone struggling with addiction, I sincerely apologize. I’ve unfortunately had many friends who’ve struggled with addiction and some overcame it, a few aren’t with me anymore. I have 2 people in my life right now who were both on deaths door because their livers shut down, a combination of 2L of vodka a day and percocets. One was being read last rights but managed to claw back. Being brutally honest, a few in the sober shredder thread may need to dial the drinking back a bit, but a lot are “me too”, going with the flow, being part of the group, fitting in, whatever. Having a drink or 2 a day isn’t a drinking problem, its being human. I know, it’s all relative, but people in the 12-step program aren’t there for 2 beers a day. Having said all that, if 2 beers is all it takes to make you an asshole, then stop drinking. You also may have some other issues.

As for non-alcoholic beer, I stand by what I said. And decaf coffee also. To elaborate, beer, whisky, etc. is one of those things where the whole is greater than the sum off the parts, it’s a fragile balance. Remove one part, and the experience is lost. If you want to be sober, then own the shit out of it, forget about “fitting in” and drink something that you actually enjoy and tastes good.

Top Bottom