Dunkerhook parking?

robmaurizi

Hey folks- Wondering if any of the Bergen County folk know about the parking situation for the Saddle River path at Dunkerhook? I'm thinking I could shave a few miles off my daily driving commute and park at one of those lots and bike the rest of the way to work in Ridgewood... Would it be okay/safe to leave my car in one of those lots all day?

Also, I saw mention in some of the posts about trail spurs off of the paved path... Any recommendations? Are they legal?

Thanks!
-Rob

serviceguy

You can park at @Victor I 's house. $20 a day.

If that works for you I can offer parking in Ringwood about 1 minute from Ryerson for $15.00 on weekdays (helps greatly to avoid being charged with indecent exposure in front of a minor that may result from changing clothes in a high school parking lot). I think I can fit 5 cars.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Hey folks- Wondering if any of the Bergen County folk know about the parking situation for the Saddle River path at Dunkerhook? I'm thinking I could shave a few miles off my daily driving commute and park at one of those lots and bike the rest of the way to work in Ridgewood... Would it be okay/safe to leave my car in one of those lots all day?

Also, I saw mention in some of the posts about trail spurs off of the paved path... Any recommendations? Are they legal?

Thanks!
-Rob
Not sure how the parking situation is for all day. I guess if you leave your car there and it gets ticketed or towed then you know the answer. Plus people come and go during the day so better chance of your vehicle getting damaged. Cross country bike trails are not official so they don’t exist. With that being said, If you want a tour of said ghost trails, send me a pm.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Always looking in the woods on the side of the path for new ones that I have missed
Unfortunately not much there and the little that exists has been severely damaged the past couple of years from storms. For example part of the “do not fall in” trail collapsed and fell into the Saddle River. A good part of the “mini street” trail was bulldozed a few days ago and features were removed.

Chillydog

Unfortunately not much there and the little that exists has been severely damaged the past couple of years from storms. For example part of the “do not fall in” trail collapsed and fell into the Saddle River. A good part of the “mini street” trail was bulldozed a few days ago and features were removed.
. ‘Mini street’ is that the one right off the path next to the river? Because if that is the one I was hitting a couple of those jumps the other day and someone has started to rebuild it or it’s a difference one.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
. ‘Mini street’ is that the one right off the path next to the river? Because if that is the one I was hitting a couple of those jumps the other day and someone has started to rebuild it or it’s a difference one.
There are few small jumps off of Grove Street. Mini Street is the quarter mile loop by the small dam. Unfortunately most of the trails have taken a beating.

Chillydog

There are few small jumps off of Grove Street. Mini Street is the quarter mile loop by the small dam. Unfortunately most of the trails have taken a beating.
Ok then I was thinking the wrong ones. Guess mini was the area that by the path to glen rock. Having some fun with they little trails when I don’t have the time to get anywhere else

Top Bottom