Duct tape, JB Weld, or bin it?

the schwartz

Update
Just disregard this post it's clearly not worth trying to salvage. don't know what I was thinking except maybe a little bit feeling sorry for myself for what's starting to feel like constantly breaking stuff

Oops I rode into a tree.

Probably trash but any macguyver wise guys or gals out there think otherwise?

KIMG0249.JPGKIMG0248.JPGKIMG0250.JPG

Last edited:
Too late I'm doing it wrong

Screenshot_20211213-124428.png

I thought his duct tape idea was A-1, much less messy than glueage. Also easier to move from bike to bike when upgrading.
No for that I would use the 3M dual lock strips. Bonus tip, you can get an infinite number if these for free by repeatedly filling out a supply request form on the E-ZPass NJ website

Sad story. Why didn't you glue it or weld it? As far as I know, it's easy to do with a MIG welder(here is a review). wasting of $50, isn't it?

Last edited:
Dunno I'm not an engineer but it's literally a lever (yes it's hydraulic so less stressed than say a motorcycle clutch cable lever but still) so pretty likely point of failure.

NO REGRETS BIRCHES THROW THAT MONEY AT YOUR BIKES

View attachment 173463
@extremedave You have lube I mean oil right

you made the right choice replacing it (speaking as an engineer here) that point WILL fail again (likely when you need it not to) if you try to repair it, a weld would warp the shit out of everything and the lever wouldnt work right after anyways.

Back
Top Bottom