Dt Swiss Squorx Alloy Nipples, Reusable?

serviceguy

I always buy spares when I build something, and wheels are no exception. Also, sometimes when I see a good deal I can’t help buying stuff thinking I maybe using it one day…so I have a set of 29” Stan’s Baron that I decided to use to replace the venerable SunRingle MTX33 that were on the very first set of wheel I built for my Fugitive. I hate destroying things that can be salvaged so I carefully removed the spokes instead of cutting them (they are DT Swiss black comp double butted and a tad too short for the Barons, so more spares) and the nipples (black squorx alloy) came out nicely, there’s only discoloration we’re the anodizing rubbed off while tensioning the spokes. Are they safe to reuse? If not, what is the reason not to? They are $$$ so if I ca reuse that would be a plus.

P.S. old rims had eyelets, new one have not.

Last edited:

serviceguy

I'll soak them in a bowl of T9 and reuse if they look good.
Thanks Jim. They do, I think I will. Not on this build though ( or tough?!??) because the discolored part would stick out of the rim due to the missing eyelets. No room for washers either, the back holes in the rim are too small for any. Will probably crack…scratch that, they look fine on the new rim regardless, may reuse them as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom