DT Swiss no longer shipping from Europe (or maybe just from Germany)

serviceguy

I just found out that DT Swiss items apparently no longer can be shipped to the US from Europe. I was about to source some 27.5 sweet rims for my plus size wheel set at half the price but both shops I used in the past can't provide shipping to the US. Damn.

w_b

DT China perhaps? I’m trying to expand my EU supply chain on a couple projects and surprisingly going through China makes sense depending on the VAT situation, etc. Very stupid how difficult it is arbitrarily made...

serviceguy

Turns out that CRC still ships DT Swiss from Ireland, so may be the ban is only from Germany or continental Europe ? I should get some more info if any of the shop replies to my e-mail.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
If youve noticed, the stuff from the Euro places dont have the deals they once did. Shimano stuff used to be half the cost of what you could get it here, but someone obviously wasnt letting money get away, so now it is more comparable. Probably a similar thing going on here.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If youve noticed, the stuff from the Euro places dont have the deals they once did. Shimano stuff used to be half the cost of what you could get it here, but someone obviously wasnt letting money get away, so now it is more comparable. Probably a similar thing going on here.

I have noticed that the pricing in the US has come down quite a bit and the US pricing wasn't far off UK sites when I was looking for stuff. I believe part of the fight with Shimano US vs Global wasn't just asking for the EU to not have access to the US market, but also have pricing that's actually reasonable internally.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I miss the days of Merlin Cycles. Sure, the brakes were backwards, but the lines were easily swapped at the lever. I think I got my XT 785 brakes for like $99 front and back.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I miss the days of Merlin Cycles. Sure, the brakes were backwards, but the lines were easily swapped at the lever. I think I got my XT 785 brakes for like $99 front and back.
Just checked on price for M8000 brakes. Merlin is still cheaper than Jenson.
Merlin: $157.20
Jenson: $195.98

serviceguy

Just checked on price for M8000 brakes. Merlin is still cheaper than Jenson.
Merlin: $157.20
Jenson: $195.98

Bike-Discount.de has even lower prices, unfortunately the ban also applies to Shimano parts, not just DT Swiss. I was literally paying half price because of the cheaper price to begin with and the VAT being taken off the posted price once the US estination was selected. The tim I was going to buy were $58 while I would pay them @112 on ebay.

Going to look into address forwarding. Downside is you get to pay local V.A.T.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Bike-Discount.de has even lower prices, unfortunately the ban also applies to Shimano parts, not just DT Swiss. I was literally paying half price because of the cheaper price to begin with and the VAT being taken off the posted price once the US estination was selected. The tim I was going to buy were $58 while I would pay them @112 on ebay.

Going to look into address forwarding. Downside is you get to pay local V.A.T.

its letting me order dt wheels from them...

serviceguy

its letting me order dt wheels from them...
9DD0E085-727B-4FEE-A27A-713FA2F1E833.png

one piece crank

Forced purchase channel? Like when airlines stopped me from buying tickets through their Austrian web sites?

Hint - They (DT) are giving you the opportunity to buy a different brand!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
these are items that are not available in the US? (grey market - in the old terminology)

please post a link, rather than the item itself. easier for lazy me.

Top Bottom