DT Swiss 350 12x100 to 15x100 Conversion

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have Stans Valors with DT Swiss 350 center lock hubs which I used on my cx bike. Trying to convert the front hub to 15x100 mm. Here's what I have on the workbench... The conical shaped caps came with the hubs the cylindrical shaped ones were aftermarket purchases. None of the end caps seem to fit in the ends of the hubshell. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
20190701_202000[1].jpg
20190701_201946[1].jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@jimvreeland -

the retainer, "ring" goes over the hub adapter, grove side towards the hub. drive it on with a socket over a towel.
the adapter should spin. tougher on the brake side, cause it is hard to get a socket to fit. there is probably a tool for that.
i just pulled mine (my qr adapters have the flange built in like you older ones)

IMG_3709.JPG

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tagged Jeremy and Utah, but thought the Valors were on Stan's hubs. Nevermind.

If a 15mm axle fits, I'm sure DT has 15mm end caps.

Last edited:

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks. I have this part. Just cant seem to get it to fit without any play. Maybe I'll bring the whole mess into the shop...
What kind of play? As long as it fits the 15mm axle, it will cinch down when you tighten the axle.

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What kind of play? As long as it fits the 15mm axle, it will cinch down when you tighten the axle.
The OD of the retaining ring for the disc brake side is smaller the ID of the hub shell.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks man. Got it. You were right, put it all together and once in the fork, it's solid.
I was going to wait until the weekend to check my wheels because I swear even the Stan's caps slightly wobble around, but it's fine when you mount it.

:thumbsup:

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was going to wait until the weekend to check my wheels because I swear even the Stan's caps slightly wobble around, but it's fine when you mount it.

:thumbsup:
Exactly, wobbly. I'm like "this cannot be right".

Top Bottom