Recovery is the new Black (The Sober Thread)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was totally planning on having an NA beer last night after zwifting.
Family grabbed a couple of pizzas for dinner. Ended up having water instead.
When it came down to actually getting it, I was wondering why?
Put it off until maybe the football game today.
Really don't even have alc on my radar right now - would like a glass of wine with the right meal,
but again, not really working hard to stop myself.

Easy days are good!

Last edited:

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
The month is going by quick. No alcohol since the 1st (I started on the 2nd because I had a friends going away party on the 1st). Pretty similar feel to last year, although I think I was overthinking it at first in ‘21. Not being very social lately has probably made it easy. “Dry July” would probably be almost impossible for me.

Rusty

072fc6f126dc7058ebff6e39a67f1c80.gif

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We keep this in the house - my wife does a shot/day as it supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory.
Goes well on vanilla ice cream. :)
It’s good in seltzer too. It makes a nice frothy head.

krink

Eddie Munster
28 days in. Gonna make it. wondering what the next few months will look like. Not going back to the amount I was drinking before. Did this effort along with the biggest loser, so likely keeping it as a calorie restriction. 2 fingers of scotch is 220 calories. If I want to spend it, I will, but its going to cost me. likely thats going to reduce the times I reach for it. Will let you know how long that lasts. :shrug:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I took shots of their beetroot juice with breakfast before cross, however many years ago my last season was. Still can't tell if it was placebo effect or it worked, but feel like it boosted endurance.
Beet juice is ass. I can’t drink that shit.

onetracker

Lots of folks hitting the reset button; good stuff!! Dry Jan 2022 is going well. Also doing Whole 30 + oatmeal. It’s funny, I do not mind not drinking during lockdown. I think I would miss not having a couple of beers with friends while hanging out. But it is not essential to me. I realized that with all of these limited release beers that I tend to grab them while available so I do not miss out. Then I feel like I need to drink them before they get old. I need to stop keeping a 24/36 beers around the house, just in case. It is like potato chips; if they are around I will eat them. If not, I don’t even think about them. Mmmm…potato chips. Good thing there are none in my house 😀

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Beet juice is ass. I can’t drink that shit.
Hence the shot. Chase it with a blueberry waffle or something. But there was something there. Test beet juice on trainer for real-world numbers for me plz.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hence the shot. Chase it with a blueberry waffle or something. But there was something there. Test beet juice on trainer for real-world numbers for me plz.

i may have 1/2 case of beet juice in the house. Wife was in on that for BP and didn't see any results.
what else can i use if for?

Think i have some prune juice - which i should start drinking.....TMI?

w_b

i may have 1/2 case of beet juice in the house. Wife was in on that for BP and didn't see any results.
what else can i use if for?

Think i have some prune juice - which i should start drinking.....TMI?

toss both the PJ and the BJ in the terlett and have a NA .

Top Bottom