"Driving Experience" Feedback

w_b

I took an F430 around a few laps in the old Giants Stadium parking lot via velocitydriving. I was looking forward to rowing the gearbox, but alas only paddle shifters available. Thing was easily up to 70 in 2nd. Couldn’t realistically go 3rd in the lot. Still a good time. They also had a GTR , a 911, a Huracan, and a Maserati somebloatoranother, but the lines to hoon them were discouraging.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I took an F430 around a few laps in the old Giants Stadium parking lot via velocitydriving. I was looking forward to rowing the gearbox, but alas only paddle shifters available. Thing was easily up to 70 in 2nd. Couldn’t realistically go 3rd in the lot. Still a good time. They also had a GTR , a 911, a Huracan, and a Maserati somebloatoranother, but the lines to hoon them were discouraging.

My brother rolled in a f 458 Spyder today.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would look to Turo for near exotic fun or a HPDE in your Boxster for a full day of fun instead of a few laps.

The GT350, manual 718 Cayman, and Jag XJL were all less than $300 a day on Turo, but not all in NJ.

The M Performance school in SC was a blast as was the Mustang school in UT. But these are not cheap.

JerseyPete

It's been over 30 years since I was in the PCA. Have you or @Carson joined? They used to have track events with instructors who were also racers (IMSA, SCCA, Formula Atlantic, etc). If you want to drive fast and learn the right way, the PCA would be a good start with people that know the cars. They used to do a "tech" day prior to make sure you weren't showing up with something falling apart. You may be able to take part in the tech day and see what they go over (brake pads, tires, suspension checks).

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's been over 30 years since I was in the PCA. Have you or @Carson joined? They used to have track events with instructors who were also racers (IMSA, SCCA, Formula Atlantic, etc). If you want to drive fast and learn the right way, the PCA would be a good start with people that know the cars. They used to do a "tech" day prior to make sure you weren't showing up with something falling apart. You may be able to take part in the tech day and see what they go over (brake pads, tires, suspension checks).
Haven't joined yet. Would love to go to limerock or watkins glen

Top Bottom