Driveway Paving recommendations

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
While I like my dirt/gravel/mud (mostly mud) driveway because I am a country girl at heart. and its also a barometer of the possible trail conditions at Allaire and Six Mile, my husband and son are not fond of it.

my son has offered to pay to have it paved.

husband wants concrete.

son says asphalt is cheaper and easier.

I would rather find some large pieces of slate being tossed by someone who dismantled a pond, drag it all home and throw it in the muddy spots. But I fear I am outnumbered in the house and will lose this battle.

Can anyone here recommend a company who does driveways?

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Don't know any companies, but can tell you to find a couple of neighbors who also want it and get a package deal. Also do it in the fall, if you do it when the weather is getting warmer, the asphalt will take too long to set, and in the heat of the summer you'll get depressions from where you drive in and out with the car, making the whole thing uneven.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Don't know any companies, but can tell you to find a couple of neighbors who also want it and get a package deal. Also do it in the fall, if you do it when the weather is getting warmer, the asphalt will take too long to set, and in the heat of the summer you'll get depressions from where you drive in and out with the car, making the whole thing uneven.
THANKS! Appreciate the tips!

mpope68

Keep in mind that before laying asphalt, the contractor will have to excavate all the old gravel. If it is caked with mud it won't provide adequate drainage underneath the asphalt and it is only a matter of time before you have problems.
I had to do this at my house and it did increase the price.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure much help here but my parents had it redone with cement and it looks like it's gonna last forever.

AL.

Does more trail maintenance than you, without a he
MJ Pepe and Sons out of new providence.

Top Bottom