Dream Bike:

Maxxis tires Frank??? My stomach is turning at just the thought of it? By the way, what tires do you run on your SS? Say it Maxxis boy!!!!!!:rofl:

Can't pinpoint it at the moment, but there is a video on YouTube of some dude on a DH bike pounding down the side of a volcano. Looks like he gets up to about 106mph before what seems like the neck welds snap and Captain Danger takes a brutal spill...

Someone posted that a few weeks ago. Seemed like it was in Japan.

No no no no no, that's not Japan, not a volcano, and not 106 mph. How much did you drink last night? :)

Does Maxxis make 29ers?

Maxxis tires Frank??? My stomach is turning at just the thought of it? By the way, what tires do you run on your SS? Say it Maxxis boy!!!!!!:rofl:

:eek: Kenda Claws :wedgie:
Shut up or I'll put some Maxxis tires on your bike, since I have it in custody:p

jay from halters is in the process of puttin together a caffiene 29er...it looks pretty sexy...i think i want one. im a sucker for the lefty.

wow. i always assumed that me and carbon wouldn't mix. guess that ices the cake.

before you blow out those candles to make that wish..

Read this:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=244081&highlight=scott+ransom

well.... hummm..how do i respond to this?? okay, i'll give it a try...is it still my "dream bike"?? sure.. why not?! to me, it represents pushing the envelope in terms of technology and performance.. i admire companies for pushing the limits of engineering even if it means that their products will occationally or even often fail. i know guys that break stuff made from any material.. carbon, steel, aluminum.. magnesium.. whatever!!

a company that comes to mind is ellsworth.. some people have had bad luck with them while others have had pleasant experiences.. i put a hair line crack in my 2001 truth (promtly replace in less than a week) 3 years after riding the hell out of it. BUT, i know of a guy here in NJ that went through something like 10 frames (no exageration) in a very short time period..something is not right there.. Ellsworth eventualy stopped honoring the warranty (that's a whole other issue). i also cracked a light speed titanium frame after riding it all over south america for 5 years.. that frame was repaired and is still being raced in northern nj. i haven't broken a frame since then. i haven't broken anything since then (except for normal wear and tear stuff and lots of hangers). my point is that there are some people out there that will break any frame regardless of the material. i agree that some materials are simply not suited for all kinds of riding but i would not worry about the average guy on a carbon scott... maybe i'm not riding hard enough with the equipement i presently have but i don't think that i could break that bike.

let the linching begin!

phat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom