Downieville or Santa Cruz (UCSB)

teabagger11

Annabel state park In Santa Rosa chinA camp Marin some local options also calistogaand I'm missing one more place in lake county which was awesome
All these are interested north of San Francisco area
When I get home I'll find out the name of the other place it wad CA in the 90's afterall

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I considered some of that Santa Rosa area stuff, but it isn't nearly as epic a feel as Truckee/Tahoe.

Since you've never ridden there, then Tahoe East Shore is very worth it, and pretty easily day tripped from your AB&B. The view alone from anywhere at elevation is a bucket list sort of thing, and you should easily miss 1st snow up high. If you have shuttle options it's an even better idea and can fill multiple days.

teabagger11

I will also throw this out there the rubicon trail we used to do it once a year not singletrack but in some places granite as far as you can see you can ride anywhere

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Thank you all for the recommendations. We did not cancel the AB&B today. Friday is the next milestone for 1/2 refund. We are leaning toward going and using the AB&B as a jumping off point as needed to where the wind isn't blowing the smoke. We shall see.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
This place is awesome! Downieville downhill was a blast yesterday. May head to Mt Hough today.
20220923_121026.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-080410_Strava.jpg

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Day 2 we took a recommendation from the shop guy to do Round Lake to Mt Elwell. It started out decent, then turned into a mostly hike-a-bike death march for almost 4 miles to the peak. After the peak, going down the other side was good but not worth the suffering to me. Maybe we took a wrong turn, I dunno.
From the peak:
20220924_144854.jpg

Screenshot_20220924-175034_Strava.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Is there a Donner Trail?
Would you take it?
There is a party at the bottom.

Top Bottom