Downhill Southeast DH race Mt. Creek 5/13-15 2022

DanBrodeen

82555737-97c8-4b5c-b6d0-c4b676b08390.jpg

https://www.bikereg.com/sram-downhi...e-trials-training-center-2022-may-13#Register

Thinking about doing this as first DH race. Gonna do the single crown category. Anyone have any idea what trails the CAT 2/3 course will be on? Any first time DH racing tips? Seasoned enduro racer so thinking its basically the same but you don't have to leave anything in the tank after your run. I really enjoyed the Super D format back in the early 2010s. Getting to know one stage really well was fun.

What tires do most people run at Creek? I usually do DH Casing at Blue. Currently have Enduro casing with cushcore mounted. Could do DH or even DH with Cushcore. Thoughts?

Post up if you are gonna be racing that weekend! Hope this post helps some other first time racers.

Last edited:

V-Dub

View attachment 184186

https://www.bikereg.com/sram-downhi...e-trials-training-center-2022-may-13#Register

Thinking about doing this as first DH race. Gonna do the single crown category. Anyone have any idea what trails the CAT 2/3 course will be on? Any first time DH racing tips? Seasoned enduro racer so thinking its basically the same but you don't have to leave anything in the tank after your run. I really enjoyed the Super D format back in the early 2010s. Getting to know one stage really well was fun.

Post up if you are gonna be racing that weekend!
I'm sure George knows what the course will be but not sharing just yet. You'll
do fine, the 2/3 course will be no harder
than some of the enduros you've done.
Downhill racing is kinda fun, more practice but more pressure to nail it on one run

DanBrodeen

I'm sure George knows what the course will be but not sharing just yet. You'll
do fine, the 2/3 course will be no harder
than some of the enduros you've done.
Downhill racing is kinda fun, more practice but more pressure to nail it on one run
Thanks man! What do you think about tires?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Practice practice and more practice.
Really good tip walk the course at the end of the day the day before before the race. Creek won't change much unless weather says so but line choices can change dramatically during those practice runs.

Double down all around, nothing worse then a flat on your final run. Good luck Dan!!!

DanBrodeen

Practice practice and more practice.
Really good tip walk the course at the end of the day the day before before the race. Creek won't change much unless weather says so but line choices can change dramatically during those practice runs.

Double down all around, nothing worse then a flat on your final run. Good luck Dan!!!

Thanks for the advice Matty! I’m gonna go up Friday to run the course a bunch. Guessing lines will be pretty long since it’s a race weekend.

V-Dub

I'd disagree I think dh racing is awesome, the build up the nerves the adrenaline rush , people hanging on course cheering / heckling. I find it alot more exciting than enduro racing . Tires always full dh , I go back and forth with inserts .
ok totally, the heckling/cheering and beer splashing is intense

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the advice Matty! I’m gonna go up Friday to run the course a bunch. Guessing lines will be pretty long since it’s a race weekend.
Do you know what the course is? nothing tapped as of yesterday but they still seem to be getting the park up for the season.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First trail is 99. That will be fun to watch. I rode that trail a hundred times but never really looked at it from a race perspective…curious what the fast line will be.

1651948745084.png

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't. Look forward to hearing what they have planned for it.
I did the race last year on the cat 1 course and it was awesome, nothing you couldn't handle . Looks like cat 2 / 3 will cut out couple tech sections with less tech but still fun either way , I'd assume single crown class will use 2 / 3 course but I'm just guessing

DanBrodeen

I did the race last year on the cat 1 course and it was awesome, nothing you couldn't handle . Looks like cat 2 / 3 will cut out couple tech sections with less tech but still fun either way , I'd assume single crown class will use 2 / 3 course but I'm just guessing
Thanks Ryan. Still gotta work out some stuff in order to make it to the race. If I can't swing racing I plan on taking my older kids to spectate. You gonna be there?

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks Ryan. Still gotta work out some stuff in order to make it to the race. If I can't swing racing I plan on taking my older kids to spectate. You gonna be there?
Sitting this one out , I may do some dh races later in the year but lately my focus has been shifting more towards free ride / fun than trying to go fast .

Top Bottom