Downhill off season?

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I've got NWD9, which is more of what you'd expect if you've seen any NWD movies in the past. It's good. I cut a version that'll play in my iPhone, and it's a trip watching mtb movies on those days I have to commute in on the subway.

Kranked 7 was horrid.

I'm not a snowboarder, but I've watched the Travis Rice vid "That's It, That's All" a bunch over the past two months. Great music and editing. Directed by the brother of one of the NYCMTB guys...

ebarker9

Any new good DH videos out this year?

The earthed series was discontinued and the Clay Porter stuff doesn't come out till the season starts again and by that time who cares about videos. I was thinking about getting 3focus. I like the racing coverage, there is only so many times you can watch someone do a back flip. I'm never going to do a back flip so I just can't relate.

F1rst is good, as is the uprising. Just ordered 3focus, so I can't comment on that, but it's supposed to be great.

dhsean

Where did you order 3focus from?

Let me know how it is when you get it.

That's why I ask. The DVD's are regionalized and you usually have to wait for a US version. I have an older version of the Earthed series that will only play on one of my old computers and nothing else because it is regionalized for Europe.

Last edited:

DownhillR3

Pretty sure they have their own website. If I remember correctly, earlier this fall I was watching a 3focus trailer... it's a UK based video, right?

ebarker9

Where did you order 3focus from?

Let me know how it is when you get it.

That's why I ask. The DVD's are regionalized and you usually have to wait for a US version. I have an older version of the Earthed series that will only play on one of my old computers and nothing else because it is regionalized for Europe.

I ordered from Chain Reaction. I think it's around $35 with shipping, but it is the off season and I don't know what to do with myself.

I didn't actually check, but it is probably PAL encoded. My DVD player will play PAL stuff, so no big deal. They're pretty cheap now to get a region free DVD player.

ebarker9

Got my copy of 3focus today and it's really, really good. Probably the best DH-based film I've seen including all of the Earthed films, F1rst, and Between the Tape. Highly recommended.

Ian F

Fredrick MD, Gambrill mountain, big, fast, more like Platty(yea I said it) than Diablo.

Yep. But the "good stuff" is somewhat off the beaten path, so just driving down there and riding around looking for trails is not recommended.

Go to the DC/VA forum in Ridemonkey and post that you're looking for guys to ride/shuttle with. Hopefully, one of them will PM you. While there's a lot of XC trails in this area, there are a fair number of purpose-cut (rogue, semi-legal) DH trails.

Ian F

when you loose a race or miss qualifying for the us open by a .01 second you tell me if there is a difference between 38 and 42 lbs. :hmmm:

Coming from the guy with a carbon road bike seat post and titanium spring on his dh bike. :d

btdt! :d

bighit

if i dont sell my V10 by next sun i think we should go to the sour lands. we can session the devils playground.

Top Bottom