Does anyone do Concept 2 rowing in the winter?

i was wondering what that thing was for :D
The wife likes it.

Zwift should buy ifit, then integrate elliptical machines as elliptigo bikes,
and have crew practice on the river in Richmond. Or maybe the Thames!

View attachment 177659
That’s the setup I am aiming for just want to add a rower. And a massive screen TV. I would suggest a bigger fan or prop that up on a box or a table

I would suggest a bigger fan

Lol, I had the same thought when I saw Pat's fan. I have a box fan, thinking about buying three more.

My setup is pretty ghetto right now (this will surprise nobody that knows me), but I have plans to improve it a bit, will post pics when if it's done.

i also have a fan on a stand and it is 60 in my basement. Warms up when i turn that tv on tho!

Exr is the Zwift of rowing: https://exrgame.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA...GzZwrza8ubQeDluQS_Q9TzeryZ-MkE30aAjwVEALw_wcB

To me it looks pretty boring, and the functionality compared to something like Zwift isn’t there. The program isn’t going to reproduce terrain changes or let you load specific workouts (where the machine forces you to do it), which is the only reason I use Zwift. Visually I’m usually watching tv while Zwift forces me to do a specific workout. But if your the type that enjoys the visual Zwift experience then it might be worth it (although some of the Zwift worlds are pretty cool).

Exr is the Zwift of rowing: https://exrgame.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA...GzZwrza8ubQeDluQS_Q9TzeryZ-MkE30aAjwVEALw_wcB

To me it looks pretty boring, and the functionality compared to something like Zwift isn’t there. The program isn’t going to reproduce terrain changes or let you load specific workouts (where the machine forces you to do it), which is the only reason I use Zwift. Visually I’m usually watching tv while Zwift forces me to do a specific workout. But if your the type that enjoys the visual Zwift experience then it might be worth it (although some of the Zwift worlds are pretty cool).
Exactly why I sold my rower and exactly why I only do hard group rides or races on zwift. I need something to focus on. WTRL duathalons series on zwift is super fun btw.

can also plug this into one of those remote wifi outlet things for controlling it. I tend to only need it after my warm up and vary the speed during/after depending what the workout of the day is. basement is cold but by the end of any moderate to difficult workout I always look like I went swimming.
I kind of dislike my Lasko unless I'm really hot as even the lowest setting has a crazy amount of airflow. I bought a cheap remote/outlet thing from Amazon to control it, they are less than $15.

What I actually use most of the time if it's not a really hard workout is a regular fan that has a remote control. I have it right behind the trainer and it blows right on my back. With the remote control I can turn it on/off and change the speed. Even that one I just find the airflow rather annoying and tend to turn it off during rest periods.

I definitely find the colder the room the less air I need (duh). Colder room is more comfortable than hot room and more airflow. I wish I had a basement...

Amazon product ASIN B06VVT6DWK

I kind of dislike my Lasko unless I'm really hot as even the lowest setting has a crazy amount of airflow. I bought a cheap remote/outlet thing from Amazon to control it, they are less than $15.

What I actually use most of the time if it's not a really hard workout is a regular fan that has a remote control. I have it right behind the trainer and it blows right on my back. With the remote control I can turn it on/off and change the speed. Even that one I just find the airflow rather annoying and tend to turn it off during rest periods.

I definitely find the colder the room the less air I need (duh). Colder room is more comfortable than hot room and more airflow. I wish I had a basement...

Amazon product ASIN B06VVT6DWK
Yup.

This was $5 at a yard sale a few years back. Rarely ever use anything but the lowest speed maybe sometimes the 2nd one. The highest setting feels like I’m in a wind tunnel. Even has a remote.

I prefer the fan in front and off to the side to maximize air flow coverage.

That and then when I’m too gassy from last nights dinner I don’t crop dust myself from having the fan behind me . 🤪

Attachments

• 3BF69A24-35D2-4FDA-B219-6C68007C1969.jpeg
    3BF69A24-35D2-4FDA-B219-6C68007C1969.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
So I did an interval workout for the first time today, 5x2000m with 5:00 rest. In between the intervals, I got up, moved around, and stretched a bit. I think it's strange that it got logged as 59:36 instead of 39:40, and Strava doesn't let me edit the time or distance. It basically recorded it as if I was rowing during the rest period, giving me credit for 20 minutes when I wasn't rowing. Is there another way to setup the interval workout to avoid this?

So I did an interval workout for the first time today, 5x2000m with 5:00 rest. In between the intervals, I got up, moved around, and stretched a bit. I think it's strange that it got logged as 59:36 instead of 39:40, and Strava doesn't let me edit the time or distance. It basically recorded it as if I was rowing during the rest period, giving me credit for 20 minutes when I wasn't rowing. Is there another way to setup the interval workout to avoid this?
I haven’t messed with the pre programmed workouts yet. I though they would be like cycling intervals where you dial back the intensity between intervals, not stop completely. Seems kind of weird to me, but what do I know.

I haven’t messed with the pre programmed workouts yet. I though they would be like cycling intervals where you dial back the intensity between intervals, not stop completely. Seems kind of weird to me, but what do I know.

My sit bones bother me a little bit when I do longer pieces, so my goal was basically to just be able to get up and move around without messing up my numbers. I've never done intervals on a bike, and I wasn't really even doing intervals here. I guess it just didn't do exactly what I had planned, the picture with my splits looks nice at least 😜

My sit bones bother me a little bit when I do longer pieces, so my goal was basically to just be able to get up and move around without messing up my numbers. I've never done intervals on a bike, and I wasn't really even doing intervals here. I guess it just didn't do exactly what I had planned, the picture with my splits looks nice at least 😜
You are probably a good candidate for seat pad, they make quite a few. Definitely with the longer distances.

You are probably a good candidate for seat pad, they make quite a few. Definitely with the longer distances.

Yeah, I bought one with the rower and put it on after the first few sessions. It helps, but after a 10k it still hurts. It's funny because I have a taint of steel on the bike, but 30+ minutes on the rower and my ass bones hurt. I probably just need to continue easing in.

In other news, I ordered the Skierg 🤷‍♂️

M
Yeah, I bought one with the rower and put it on after the first few sessions. It helps, but after a 10k it still hurts. It's funny because I have a taint of steel on the bike, but 30+ minutes on the rower and my ass bones hurt. I probably just need to continue easing in.

In other news, I ordered the Skierg 🤷‍♂️
Y realtor is 65yo and on the #1 national team. He does a January challenge every year of 1 million meters but he does 3 million. 15k 2x /day is mental

Back
Top Bottom