Do you sell used bikes to these facebook flippers?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We used to do Pro's Closet at the shop but stopped because the offers were so laughably low every Customer ended up turning it down.
Maybe because the bike boom is over?

They initially gave me a price that was laughably low. And then a month later and I tried again and it went up 50%...

I think it was <$50 difference between what they offered me in cash vs credit at a store, which was odd.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Maybe because the bike boom is over?

They initially gave me a price that was laughably low. And then a month later and I tried again and it went up 50%...

I think it was <$50 difference between what they offered me in cash vs credit at a store, which was odd.

This was during the boom. They did come with a truck and buy our entire Giant Stock in one shot though.

THATmanMANNY

submitted 2015 cNiner Rip9 carbon- "declined. We can't make an offer on your bike at this time. etc etc etc. it doesn't meet our current purchasing standards due to its age because change in bicycle technology"

really?! oh well. Who wants to buy. It has many upgrades and i9 wheelset. But it has a teeny weeny rear suspension play. $2000.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The used bike market is mega soft
You buying or selling?

I have to imagine at the low end there's a ton of used bikes for sale. Tons of Covid buyers who didn't ride their bikes. Plus all those bikes that sat in the garage for years are all fixed up and ready to be sold.

Reactions: don

THATmanMANNY

Just an observation. I have a couple listed high for sale but not many hits like pervious year. If it's sold, great, if not N+1.
Example even the bikes listed on mtbnj. Seller cutting prices.

Johnny Utah

Used toys in general have hit the poop. Still not convinced it is the time to buy either.

I see the price of fuel also add to the unwillingness of people to travel to check things out.

Top Bottom