Do you get mad at people that drive the speed limit? Or do people get mad at you beca

Do you get mad at people that drive the speed limit? Or do people get mad at you beca

• I adhere to the posted speed limit

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • F The Speed Limit. I do what I wan't

Votes: 23 76.7%

• Total voters

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you get mad at people that drive the speed limit? Or do people get mad at you because you drive the speed limit?

I have always driven the speed limit or 5 MPH above, but never more than that. I don't drive below it, and if there are two lanes, I always stay right. I don't really have any desire to drive fast and if I'm running late, I still won't. I don't have road rage, despite the photo of me on Facebook last weekend yelling into a megaphone while in traffic. And Iv'e never received a moving violation or been involved in any accidents.

Every week i encounter other drivers that go ape shit on me simply because of this. I think to myself "Y U So mad bro…srsly….Y U SO MAD?"

Disquss :popcorn:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I do the limit too. its called the "limit" not "suggested speed" If i get a traffic ticket I have to report it to Ryder and then may or may not get written up. gotta keep the CDL clean

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
never speed on local roads or something like 27 or 1 or 202 (you get the idea)

turnpike/parkway/thruway/80 - i go with the left lane flow - never darting in-and-out (anymore) if they are doing 80.....

if there is no flow, i'm probably 10mph over posted watching for drivers closing quickly - to get out of their way.

no road rage either - good point there - i don't care if someone is obeying the law, or breaking it - i aint getting made at them
while i'm in the car.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
If you do 65 on the Interstate, you should take Mass Transit.
hv50H_zpsff36c210.gif

The Fit does 70, max. Not sure if Dustin can go faster

Last edited:

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The Fit does 70, max. Not sure if Dustin can go faster

LOL - I used to have a shitbox Subaru Legacy when I was a teenager. The thing had a lawn mower engine in it. I remember one time in the Pocanos, FLOORING IT to get up a long hill. The stupid car would not go over 15 mph. One lane road and people behind me were pissed. I don't blame them but it was the car not me!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i drive like an old grandmother who smokes irresponsible amounts of meth.

srsly i drive slow usually. my wife complains about it. but then she'll get in a car with someone else and say they drive like a maniac because she's used to my leisurely cruising speed.

sometimes i'll put the pedal down a little bit (mostly on the highway), but more often than not, i'm just at or around the speed limit give or take, especially on backroads.

it's weird that people drive the speed limit. it's also weird that i think there's a responsible amount of meth that can be smoked. either way, it's a limit not a "UR SPEED MUST BE DIS" sign. if it were a speed suggestion than a limit, i bet speed limit signs would look more like "SPEED LIMIT 25~ISH".

*edit* - this poll needs more options. in fact, i think that should be part of the poll - does this poll need more options?

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
My van is a rocket, so I'm always speeding. But I rage at the idiots who think a turn signal is a right of way.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I drive at least 20 mph over except county/town roads which have super cops. Troopers could give 2 shits unless you making them late for shift change. Road rage left when i turned 40. Been a long distance commuter for way too long, got no time for speed limit obeyers.

kdebello

I drive a Passat TDI. The sweet spot seems to be about 65mph for the best mileage on the highway. I've hit 800 miles on a tank if I don't go over 70.

The thing that burns me up is when I'm creeping along in the slow lane and someone gets on the highway doing 45-50.

“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” ― George Carlin

rick81721

Lothar
I tend to have a leadfoot - especially on highways. My biggest driver peeve (other than dopes that drive the speed limit ;)) are these clowns that when driving down a two-lane country road with a double line down the middle and they encounter a car or truck stopped in their lane, they think they have the right to just whip around into your lane and you better get out of the way.

PS notorious speed trap close to 6MR - on canal road just north of blackwells mills a cop sits just around that blind corner about once a week and nails drivers going over 30+ all morning...

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I tend to have a leadfoot - especially on highways. My biggest driver peeve (other than dopes that drive the speed limit ;)) are these clowns that when driving down a two-lane country road with a double line down the middle and they encounter a car or truck stopped in their lane, they think they have the right to just whip around into your lane and you better get out of the way.

PS notorious speed trap close to 6MR - on canal road just north of blackwells mills a cop sits just around that blind corner about once a week and nails drivers going over 30+ all morning...

You mean Millstone River Road?

Not So Fast

George Carlin said it best, paraphrase here.

It pisses me off when I'm driving behind someone doing the speed limit on the highway. Then when I see somebody speeding pass me I say, wow take a look at that dumbass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom