Do people really pay for virtual rides/races?

is it a fund raiser ?

i donated to the Sourlands Conservancy then road the route.

I've done 2. Rebecca's Everest Event and I'm doing Pete's ITI race now. Rebecca's was for her BeGood Charity and Pete actually has a map and results and a huge group and it feels like a race.

Kermesse is essentially running these events as Rando Permanents which are always free and 100% self-supported. I did HoH like 2 weeks ago fo' no dollars.

There needs to be something other than posting a RWGPS link.

All the ones I've seen are doing some kind of fund raising if they're charging. I've done a few courses using GPX files that were posted but there was no charge for those.

It's an interesting topic since all the ride/events I usually do are for some kind of fundraiser and the bike events are usually the biggest money maker for these organizations for the entire year (i.e. Ramble Ride, Lake Loop). With everything canceled most of these organizations are barely holding on so I it makes sense to try and offer something.

Nothing stopping anyone from riding the route for free at any time since most of them are published, but like @Patrick said you can still make a one time donation if so inclined.

I am down with Kermesee, but paying for a route and identifying places to refuel is silly.

Back
Top Bottom