Do a Wheelie!

Same here - never saw the point. Looks ridiculous to me. I remember doing a group ride a few years ago and some guy tagged along who was constantly doing wheelies. He was fat, out of shape, but could do a mean wheelie - whoop de do!
That is great news, using the logic dictated by identity policies and given the fact that I'm fat and out of shape now I can wheelie! Who hoo!

Same here - never saw the point. Looks ridiculous to me. I remember doing a group ride a few years ago and some guy tagged along who was constantly doing wheelies. He was fat, out of shape, but could do a mean wheelie - whoop de do!
Tagged along AND did wheelies = obviously the best rider in the group!

When they got both going for them...

PS this reminds me of another wheelie story. There was a guy that used to post here alot and did long road rides - I even rode with him twice but forget his name. Anywho, he posted a story about doing the Tour de Franklin. He was waiting in the lot for the start and decided to show off by doing a wheelie on his road bike. He fell flat on his back in front of everyone, got all scraped up and injured his back, but did the ride anyway. I gave him huge kudos for telling the story and doing the ride. I would have ran home crying!

Ditto. I watch a few MTB YouTubers on a regular basis but I just can't watch Jeff Kendall Weed for more than 2 minutes because he can't seem to ride for 2 yards without doing a wheelie or manual. He's a fantastic rider and I wish I can ride half as he can but enough is enough. OK, we get it, you can manual and wheelie. Now just ride. Rant over.

Thanks for posting @mwlikesbikes. Great cameos by Viola and Hans! Such a fun vid and the music matches it perfectly. Danny is an incredible acrobat and doesn’t take himself too seriously.

So for people that dislike wheelies, why?… Been doing them since the 1970s cause they are FUN! I never criticize others for being better than me at something and or doing something they enjoy(as long as it’s not harmful to themselves or others). Not like doing a wheelie causes harm to someone else. Besides, being able to lift the front wheel to get over certain obstacles while mountain biking comes in handy(probably more common up in our northern parks). One of the greatest things about mountain biking is having fun? It’s not just exercise…

Last edited:
Ditto. I watch a few MTB YouTubers on a regular basis but I just can't watch Jeff Kendall Weed for more than 2 minutes because he can't seem to ride for 2 yards without doing a wheelie or manual. He's a fantastic rider and I wish I can ride half as he can but enough is enough. OK, we get it, you can manual and wheelie. Now just ride. Rant over.
Agreed, JKW is a bit over the top at times but that is part of his charm. Let’s face it, people watch those types of vids for entertainment. Who wants to watch someone in spandex riding 50 miles on a road bike on a flat straight road?….

Saw this the other day - the guy on the cargo bike is incredible. That seems to defy physics.

Reactions: don
1652703454401.png

Back
Top Bottom