Disturbing "no helmet" trend

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
How was the cyclist "right?" He ran a stop sign and rode out in front of oncoming traffic. Without being able to see the signage facing the cars I would say the driver was wrong for leaving the scene but the collision was the cyclist's fault.
The stop sign was for the sidewalk. Any lawyer would say that and be correct.
That being said, you can’t just ride through like that, unless you are in Princeton, where the second anyone enters the crosswalk, people slam on the brakes.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
True. I have a buddy who rides a road bike like a total douche...He's always technically correct and legal but he takes a whole lane when it isn't necessary and is a dick to pedestrians who get into bike lanes and whatnot. I don't ride with him much at all but I actually told him to calm down last time I did. He is going to the be the guy who was "right" but also dead.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with helmets.

All of these arguments are silly. If I want to smash my head and be a vegetable then that's my problem. Not yours or anyone else's. Not the state's. If I give a shit about my family and the people it will actually affect then I will choose to wear a helmet.

Of course I do wear a helmet every single time I ride and I wouldn't consider riding without one but I could care less what anyone else does...
I know @Norm said that no park as every been closed ever because of something like this, but I am not sure that is true. I wouldn’t bet on it anyways.

losing accessible because if a vegetable law suit is a very real scenario.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What’s a law suite?

I’m surprised nobody called out Alexandria Pump Track. But how about an entire park system?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
S.L.S.

1623181928801.png

Frank

Sasquatch
Nobody thinks they will sue, until they are sitting at home, not knowing how to pay the bills, and more bills that their insurance won’t cover. Then, while you’re sitting watching tv because there is nothing else you can do, a commercial comes on and says “ have you been injured?”

Tim

aka sptimmy43
I know @Norm said that no park as every been closed ever because of something like this, but I am not sure that is true. I wouldn’t bet on it anyways.

losing accessible because if a vegetable law suit is a very real scenario.

You’re right. I’m not arguing that. It’s still silly, though.

Karate Monkey

Okay, but really:

How often can you say that you have directly told someone you didn't know (or watched someone do so) that something was dangerous, and the response was something better than 'barely hidden contempt'?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions