discuss electric bikes

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t know of 1 legal motorized trail in the area so I guess we know what their stance is.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t know of 1 legal motorized trail in the area so I guess we know what their stance is.
IMBA is supportive of Class 1 e-MTB access to non-motorized trails when the responsible land management agency, in consultation with local mountain bikers, deem such eMTB access is appropriate and will not cause any loss of access to non-motorized bikes.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMBA is supportive of Class 1 e-MTB access to non-motorized trails when the responsible land management agency, in consultation with local mountain bikers, deem such eMTB access is appropriate and will not cause any loss of access to non-motorized bikes.

thanks i read that wrong the first time

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I like IMBA's reversal. I didn't understand their original ban as stated earlier in this thread. I'm still waiting for a statement from Jorba to see where we stand on a local level.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of EBikes....

SHOTS FIRED!!!
IMG_9373.jpg

Steve Vai

Good. I want Fabian to wipe the roads with him. He sucked as a Pro and no one would even know who he is if it weren't for Starva.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Good. I want Fabian to wipe the roads with him. He sucked as a Pro and no one would even know who he is if it weren't for Starva.
Minus anyone who read velonews. I read his stuff for 5-6 years? before the Strava thing.

I have not seen the routes for those rides but if it is Flanders, Fabian, but if it high mountains, Gamion all day. I think “sucked” as a pro racing world tour races maybe be relative. Blame vaughters.

Steve Vai

Nah. He's dead anywhere he shows up against Fabian. Dead. Only exception is if it's a sub 20 minute Strava Segment uphill. You don't call out Fabian and live to tell about it. Although, he probably did it as a career move because it's the only reason anyone is talking about him. Dead. He sucks. Fabian is a god.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Nah. He's dead anywhere he shows up against Fabian. Dead. Only exception is if it's a sub 20 minute Strava Segment uphill. You don't call out Fabian and live to tell about it. Although, he probably did it as a career move because it's the only reason anyone is talking about him. Dead. He sucks. Fabian is a god.
Haha, I don’t doubt the Fabian and he did some pretty crazy stuff supporting his GC peeps and even won the tour de sussie that one year. Guess we will find out.

zip

At the Philly Bike Expo they had a separate, free, Bosch E Bike Expo in the same building. They had an indoor course with ramps for folks to test ride the E Bikes. The line was out the door all day long. It looked like general purpose bikes, not full on EMTB bikes . I did not partake of the E bike expo because the paid Expo was really engaging with lots of small builders represented. I got a King Cage for 10 bucks right from the maker!
Any whoo, I came away with the thought that these Ebikes will be a big boon for all cyclists. Think about how every day we hear about global warming and how we need to save the earth. Lots of folks may want to do something but don't want to spend 35K on an electric car, which may not work for their travel situation. A smaller investment in an electric bike might do the trick!
More folks buzzing around town on their electric bikes will want more bike lanes and more bike paths and will go to the town council asking.. Win for all!

Mahnken

At the Philly Bike Expo they had a separate, free, Bosch E Bike Expo in the same building. They had an indoor course with ramps for folks to test ride the E Bikes. The line was out the door all day long. It looked like general purpose bikes, not full on EMTB bikes . I did not partake of the E bike expo because the paid Expo was really engaging with lots of small builders represented. I got a King Cage for 10 bucks right from the maker!
Any whoo, I came away with the thought that these Ebikes will be a big boon for all cyclists. Think about how every day we hear about global warming and how we need to save the earth. Lots of folks may want to do something but don't want to spend 35K on an electric car, which may not work for their travel situation. A smaller investment in an electric bike might do the trick!
More folks buzzing around town on their electric bikes will want more bike lanes and more bike paths and will go to the town council asking.. Win for all!

They had all types of e-bikes. I went when the expo opened on Sunday so there wasn't any wait for the e-bikes, walked in and could test ride anything in there. I rode a carbon giant full suspension mtb with 160mm travel. It was pretty heavy, but I was able to clear the platform at the top of the ramp. I rode a cargo bike as well, got up to 28mph quick and easy. I don't have any intention of buying one, but I can't say I'd pass up the occasional chance to ride one, they are a lot of fun.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I have an ebike for course setting and trail maintenance. Like jdog I also have a sweet esaw now as well.

Top Bottom