discuss electric bikes

THATmanMANNY

I know what UL is but am I really getting a different product here. Does it really cost them $40 to slap a UL sticker here and have two lines of products. I just think they would UL everything

kearneyb

UL testing and listing costs money and takes time. for an e-bike i would assume they have verified wire sizes, terminations, etc on various components and motors to ensure that everything is sized properly. UL and non UL listed product may very well be the same or it might be a the cost of a single component. UL listed, UL certified, UL recognized, UL rated all mean something different and it has been awhile since i've been in the weeds on UL.

UL listing is not required, but most reputable manufactures, suppliers, vendors, etc (as well as their insurance company) require products to be UL listed/certified. Very questionable for a vendor to offer a choice. I'd look for a different vendor and manufacturer.

kearneyb

so do all the larger manufacturer's have UL stamp on their shit?
All the appliances and electrical system components in your house are ul tested and listed. I’m not 100% sure how it applies to e-bikes, but if it is ul tested then at least you know electrical systems and comments have been tested by a third party and should be safe for use.

THATmanMANNY

I was just looking for a beater commuter. Non UL ordered!
The money I’ll save on GWB tolls and time. Use and sell. I’ll come up on top.

THATmanMANNY

Finally getting around to it!
DA3EDE91-E607-4DE6-AD8B-EAB379AEA79E.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Did I mention they were all over the place in Cali? Commuters, on the trails, bike paths, sidewalks

THATmanMANNY

test ride:
Holy cow! For $550. Beam yourself up! Even the throttle only mode is fast. Now to find out how it will do on hills

mfennell

haven't been requested to work a saturday in 7 years. Well, here's to the first of I hope very few! Good on the hill and fastest ride to work ever. No sweating

Given that people buy seatposts that cost more than that entire bike, it's hard to find fault. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Top Bottom