Dirt Bikes

Cuts

I ran into two dirt bikers tearing up Warthog. I stopped them and told them the trail was for MTB only. They blew me off and rode on. Good thing the trail was frozen so there was minimal damage. What can we do?

Cuts

thought about it. Is it illegal up there? If so, I would make that call, even though Im not a huge fan of calling the cops on kids. I didn't see any signs,

ninja4life

Let em ride!!! You just said there was no damage to the trails. How would like it if someone called the cops because you went on the illegal part of Rhino and the cops took your bike. I doubt the cops are going to do anything anyway. You should call Parks dept. to fight for their right to ride too! This way they can ride their own trails and everyone's happy.

smw

People that decide to ride vehicles on trails in the woods whether foot powered or gasoline powered are searching for the same thrill and enjoyment in life. So this us vs. them mentality, I don't quite understand.

The original poster should keep in mind that many of the trails in Northern Jersey now enjoyed by offroad bicyclists were originally created by organized offroad motorcyclist groups. Read up on NJ motorcycle enduro racing and you'll find plenty of history.

Perhaps I have a different perspective, but just my $.02 that we should all try to get along.

-Scott

UnionRider475

Yeah I know a few of the guys who headed a group who wanted JH to be for dirt biking originally . They fought but of course lost. I do feel for them - they have to go to South Jersey to ride LEGALLY.

With that said , they are riding illegally . I'm not sure what the answer is if you want to stop them but the majority of the dirt bikers from the area stay out of or off the mountain bike trails . West Milford is huge and there are lots of " spots " for them to ride and usually they do go elsewhere.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
You should call Parks dept. to fight for their right
8ff0b43c.jpg

to rideeeeeeeeeeee tooooo!

this is how i read that above post.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions