Dirt Bikers

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
As far as rideability,yes. Anyone with some offroad experience would love the place.Most of it looks just like world enduro course, especially those tight baby cedars.I also think that it's such a strange location and small area that it would be likely that they saw or heard of it from here or a mt biker(not me!). I personally would be terrified of hitting someone head on at dirtbike speed in the twisty. If they're kids you got a problem, if they're in full gear w/ handguards and such just pull them over and let them know the obvious risks of riding there and they will respect your input and leave..........

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Works for us...

As far as rideability,yes. Anyone with some offroad experience would love the place.Most of it looks just like world enduro course, especially those tight baby cedars.I also think that it's such a strange location and small area that it would be likely that they saw or heard of it from here or a mt biker(not me!). I personally would be terrified of hitting someone head on at dirtbike speed in the twisty. If they're kids you got a problem, if they're in full gear w/ handguards and such just pull them over and let them know the obvious risks of riding there and they will respect your input and leave..........

Yeah this works well up here in Norht Jersey...especially with the off duty State Troopers!

Nuff said.

alex_k

The trail already has some damage. These pictures taken near the first stream crossing on Canal site. I met Tony (parabola07) 20 min later - he saw these guys coming from S.Middlebush to the Canal.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 183

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i think i ran into tony on the 27-middlebush side.

does he have bells on his pack? lol

rlb

i think i ran into tony on the 27-middlebush side.

does he have bells on his pack? lol

Wouldn't be too surprising since the hunting is due to start. Also I read that this is a good idea when up north so you can give bears a bit of a heads up, rather than blasting around a corner to see a huge one sitting on the trial 5 ft in front of you....haha I would be a bit surprised to say the least. I had a pretty close call w/ black bears when I was about 15 and it was scary as hell.

T

thelmuffinman

The trail already has some damage. These pictures taken near the first stream crossing on Canal site. I met Tony (parabola07) 20 min later - he saw these guys coming from S.Middlebush to the Canal.

That's BS, seriously that just sucks. Yeah, they were kids, yes they had helmets and that's about it. I can tell you from riding/racing dirtbikes from age 12-17 that they were way underskilled to be riding back there. One of the kids kept stalling out trying to go up a hill and finally he just pushed! :rolleyes:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

from these pictures, you honestly can't tell if a mtb or a motox made these, espcially when you have people running 2.5" tires out there....

T

thelmuffinman

from these pictures, you honestly can't tell if a mtb or a motox made these, espcially when you have people running 2.5" tires out there....

The first picture off to the left, and the last picture you can tell a mountain bike didn't do that, posssible, but not likely. I was literally riding behind these guys and I can tell you from being there, they were doing some damage.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
my thought is that the riders are local to the area. i have seen a couple younger kids riding some dirt bikes on the farms on bennetts lane. in fact, last time i was driving to the trailhead there was a kid riding a MX bike on the road, he then pulled off into one of the farm stands and rode on.

alex_k

Yeah... not a good evidence... I took these pictures on my way back to my car after a group of MTBrs crossed this stream... but before only ~5'' tires were printed there.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions