Dirt Bags hit the Road - Ride 2/28

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I have a group road ride going out of Hohokus Train Station around 10:00 Saturday. Aprox. 50 miles, rolling to hilly, estimated 15-17 mph average, one water/food stop in Nyack if needed. It should be a nice mix of roadies and mountain bikers on road bikes. One roadie has alreday asked me if there are any dirt roads that may get his Look dirty. ..... ;).

RNG1

Hey, I'd like to connect with you guys, my only issue is that I will probably not get back to my house to head out until about 10:15. If I can get an idea of the route I may be able to head you off at a pass.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
hmmm, that will be a tough one. From HHK we head due north through Saddle River, Airmont, Pomona, touch Harriman, east through Stony Point, south along the river to Haverstraw, Congers, Nyack and Piermont, then west back to HHK. If you think you can make any of those areas, I'll give you some road names.

RNG1

damn that will be tough, I may make a bee line for Haverstraw and see if I can connect with you guys for the second leg. I know this is a rediculous question but do you have a rough estimate on what time you think you would hit there and what would be a good landmark or road? It's a shot in the dark I know and I certainly wouldn't expect you to wait or anything, but it may also be good motivation for me to really crank up there.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
damn that will be tough, I may make a bee line for Haverstraw and see if I can connect with you guys for the second leg. I know this is a rediculous question but do you have a rough estimate on what time you think you would hit there and what would be a good landmark or road? It's a shot in the dark I know and I certainly wouldn't expect you to wait or anything, but it may also be good motivation for me to really crank up there.

We will be crossing 9W on Main in Stony Point around 12:00, and coming up out of Haverstraw on Maple to 9W around 12:15. There are a lot of turns in Haverstraw. I am old school, so I do not have a link to gps routing, just old fashioned cue sheet and memory(which I use more now that I can not see the cue sheet without magnification). Here is the route from Stony Point to Nyack, if that helps:

West Main
X 9W
L into park
R Bowline Plant Rd
L Samsondale
R Westside
L Conklin
L W Broad
R Maple
BR Short Clove
L 9W (caution)
R 304