Dinosaur art destroyed

02camaro

its near the wma, people can hardly follow a gps let alone navigate in the woods, im sure people are randomly walking around hunters areas to try and find them. these dinos have brought more people into the woods than anything.

as stated the paracord was cut cleanly, aka wicked sharp knife that a hunter has. in addition they were completed dismantled not just knocked over. the person/people that did it clearly didnt want them put back together, not something the average mischievous person would take time to do.

thegock

I can’t say I didn’t consider this, but some ppl I talked who have seen the damage also aren’t convinced it wasn’t just bad weather. And in the end we will never know.

"This was no boating accident."

THIN GBAD MVIMG_20200323_125059-01.jpg

2ALL SHIT MVIMG_20200323_125102-01.jpg

serviceguy

I really don't see the point of guessing/arguing about who could have done it, it will only increase the friction between different groups of park users. Not a desirable outcome. It appears there's not going to be an investigation either, so unless a video surfaces showing the perps committing the act speculations in any directions will be just...speculations.

What if it was a horse faced teenager hunter riding a mountain bike wearing hiking boots?
FTFY

Karate Monkey

I really don't see the point of guessing/arguing about who could have done it, it will only increase the friction between different groups of park users. Not a desirable outcome. It appears there's not going to be an investigation either, so unless a video surfaces showing the perps committing the act speculations in any directions will be just...speculations.

Even if there is a video, to what end will anything be done? Vigilante justice? The park system has already said that since it was not an official installation, they are not going to investigate.

Reactions: rlb

serviceguy

Even if there is a video, to what end will anything be done? Vigilante justice? The park system has already said that since it was not an official installation, they are not going to investigate.
Agreed on the lack of possible actions to be taken if the responsible actors were to be identified, nevertheless it would be nice to be able to identify who did it a) to stop other groups being blamed for it b) maybe put some pressure on the responsible group, if any, to clean up their act (and by that I mean make clear within their ranks that this type of actions are wrong and not tolerated).

That said, I'm perfectly aware that is easier said than done. Chances are there isn't even a 'group' responsible for it, at the end of the day it has to be the action of one or more individuals that may or may not even belong to the same group...

SmooveP

If it was kids (plural) that did it, someone is bound to talk. Their parents should then punish them. Start by making the kids apologize directly to Robin and help her rebuild.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Unless I'm misunderstanding the descriptions, this all seems a bit strange. Doubtful that kids or "vandals" would stack the sticks after the destruction. Something doesn't add up.

Reactions: don

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
As this was "not a parks-commissioned amenity" is it possible that it was removed by park personnel and now they realize that it was a mistake?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions