Different setup for different parks

jklett

So I'm well aware that no one setup can work great in a variety of places but what changes would you make for different types of terrain? I'm not talking about changing parts, I'm asking about stuff like tire pressure, shock/fork settings, even possibly stuff like bar height or lever angles. For example, for park x I like softer tires and faster rebound but softer compression but at park y firmer tires and slow down rebound with firmer compression etc...

I'm trying to learn what works better where and why so I'm not looking for specific numbers but a general idea of what y'all are doing and the reasoning behind it.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I definitely change things up. Sourlands I like soft tires and low low pressure, and rebound slow. Six mile lower profile harder faster rolling tire with higher than Sourlands pressure.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I run what I brung the day I put my bikes together. They only get chain lube and a few extra PSI if the tires are looking sad.

Turbotrix

I keep the same settings for most parks. If I'm going to the ski mtn with bike drops I throw a little extra pressure in everything

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
lock the fork, don't shift. rigid ss !

at 6mr anyway.

i run a bit higher pressure at 6MR, do i don't feel that tire roll.

jklett

lock the fork, don't shift. rigid ss !

at 6mr anyway.

i run a bit higher pressure at 6MR, do i don't feel that tire roll.
I've dialed my setup for 6MR.
ex-7865.jpeg

jklett

So far the takeaway from this is softer for slow tech and firmer for fast flow. Sound about right? Keep it coming, I really am trying to learn.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rigid SS for Allaire, Hartshorne and the few times I ride Nassau or 6 mile.

I really like the plucky action of a rigid bike, it's light, nimble and simple. Throw it down and rip.

At the same time I'm not a stubborn fool, my rigid SS is fun but not the tool for the job at Ringwood, Allamuchy, Wildcat... My SC Tallboy is my play bike. Gears, suspension, dropper, beefy tires, this bike rocks.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rigid SS fat and skinny psi soft as babys bottom that's my choices.
Bangers for the slopes.
25s for the road

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You should have also specified everyone puts their skill level and/or their current race category for reference... :)

Top Bottom