Dietary Intake

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Holy hippies batman!!

dunkin donuts,1 or 2 entire dominoes thincrusts,huge hoagies,2 and 3 entrees at a time at diners.I only drink skim though and have given up eating whole pounds of pasta at a time. I'd say maybe my metabolic rate is just high but damn i'm old so that can't be right??If i stop pedaling i will probably gain a pound a minute......................................

heythorp

Interesting stuff but a bit bias toward a vegan/vegetarian diet to say the least. They say that fish is bad, red meat is bad, dairy is bad w/o stating any of their benefits, just bad.

i was just givng you some ideas. I did a quick search. there is so much information to why dairy is bad its pretty shocking. Like i said i didnt want to write a book. Just do a quick search and see what comes up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For me it just works out that way. I mean, we do this and that in our lives and most of it needs to fit some criteria. For me, milk just doesn't really add up. No doubt the vegan sites are extreme, on par with the abortion clinic bombers at times. I won't dent that.

For us it was a no brainer that the milk had to be organic because of the antibiotics and growth hormones. Even still, the correlations to colic in babies, allergies, and diabtetes makes me ask the question, what's the deal with this? How good can it really be for you? And then, why am I even drinking milk?

The only reason I was drinking milk was that I was totally programmed as a kid to put milk in cereal. That's the only reason. So ok, what about milk makes the cereal need milk? For me, nothing at all. So I switched to almond/milk/soy and saw no difference at all. I wasn't drinking milk for health reasons. So it was a no brainer when I looked at it like that.

Now with a daughter who will soon need the calories, I'm uncertain what stance we'll take. I'll do the research then and see what we decide. I've read a few sites that suggest cutting off the children at age 6, but I don't know why.

Shaggz

A strong 7
we do organic milk for the same reasons. but we also do organic fruits and vegetables for similar reasons.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nearly everything you read is hyped one way or another. the dairy council is just as biased as the veggie sites, but they stand to lose out financially, so i find them a little less trustworthy. most of the veggie sites are run by individuals.

basically, it can come down to this:

keep living life normally, and for one week, cut all dairy out of your diet. take a calcium supplement(and vit a & d) unless you can properly adjust your diet to get enough of them. just one week. no milk, cheese, butter, ice cream, etc. watch for it in the ingredients lists too. everyone i know who tried this felt alot 'better' generally, and faster with more stamina on the bike. they also noticed a significant drop in feeling and stamina when they went back to dairy.

goat's milk is alot better for you than cows milk. some cheeses have the enzymes necessary to digest them present, and are there for not that bad for you. moz is one of them. how many stomachs do cows have? and you? after a few months dairy free, if you eat a few slices of pizza or drink a big glass of milk, you'll likely get at the least some digestive discomfort. to me, that says it's not something we really should be consuming.

i'm not a veggie/vegan. i eat fish/honey and occasionally other meats and eggs. i just try to eat in as healthy a manner as i can. that basically means getting all the nutrients i need while taxing my digestive system as little as possible in doing so.

heythorp

you can send me all the links you want.

however, my mom told me milk is good for me so there for it is. end of discussion.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you can send me all the links you want.

however, my mom told me milk is good for me so there for it is. end of discussion.

ditto. milk does the body good.

it builds your bones so you can grow! milk's got calcuim, don't ya know!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
limestone has calcium....

edit:

i forget where i read it, but statistically(according to article i read), the countries with the lowest dairy consumption also have the lowest rates of osteoperosis. the supposed problem being that, while milk has loads of calcium, most of it is unabsorbable.

Last edited:

Chris(NJ)

need I say more?

oreo-9951.jpg

:cool:

Top Bottom